Contribute
Register

How to safely switch from Chimera to Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Fatality Z97 K1ller
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
ASUS Strix GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, so I recently managed to successfully install a dual-boot Yosemite/Windows 10 Pro.
I installed Yosemite via Unibeast and everything went fine. Everything works to its full extent except iMessages ansome few other minor things and I read that the Clover bootloader might fix it so im wondering if someone could guide me how to install the clover bootloader over Chimera to successfully enable iMessages?

Thanks!

Hi, so I recently managed to successfully install a dual-boot Yosemite/Windows 10 Pro.
I installed Yosemite via Unibeast and everything went fine. Everything works to its full extent except iMessages ansome few other minor things and I read that the Clover bootloader might fix it so im wondering if someone could guide me how to install the clover bootloader over Chimera to successfully enable iMessages?

Thanks!

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks!

First make a test clover USB and make sure that your system/OS X can boot with clover perfectly.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

Once you done all the experiments, then you can install clover to HDD/SSD for permanent use.

First make a test clover USB and make sure that your system/OS X can boot with clover perfectly.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

Once you done all the experiments, then you can install clover to HDD/SSD for permanent use.

Thanks for the heads up, Ill be sure to try it ASAP!

Please read the Rules :

Thanks in anticipation

Sorry for that,

CPU: i5 4690k
Mobo: ASRock Fatality Z97 K1ller
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4 @1333mhz

Sorry for that,

CPU: i5 4690k
Mobo: ASRock Fatality Z97 K1ller
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4 @1333mhz

This details should be on your profile, so that we can avoid scroll back to all of your posts for identifying hardware configuration.

This details should be on your profile, so that we can avoid scroll back to all of your posts for identifying hardware configuration.

Thanks for the tip! So heres the deal, I managed to successfully boot Yosemite but sadly my GPU drivers dont detect the GPU as they should - it shows I have only 7mb of VRAM. How would I go fixing it? I tried both the standard config list and the NVIDIA one and both resulted in some serious graphical glitches and lag!

EDIT: Also, in the bootloader menu my mouse can only go in the left direction and very slow while at it, just tought I should mention it too.

EDIT 2: So I managed to figure the GPU issue but I have another problem, Clover doesnt seem to instal an EFI partition on my SSD no matter what.

Thanks for the tip! So heres the deal, I managed to successfully boot Yosemite but sadly my GPU drivers dont detect the GPU as they should - it shows I have only 7mb of VRAM. How would I go fixing it? I tried both the standard config list and the NVIDIA one and both resulted in some serious graphical glitches and lag!

Disable All the graphics injections on the config.plist (ATI/INTEL/NVIDIA).

Also add nvda_drv=1 flag under Boot > Arguments section.

EDIT: Also, in the bootloader menu my mouse can only go in the left direction and very slow while at it, just tought I should mention it too.

Why you need mouse on boot loader screen. Everything you can do it with keyboard.

EDIT 2: So I managed to figure the GPU issue but I have another problem, Clover doesnt seem to instal an EFI partition on my SSD no matter what.

What is the problem??

Disable All the graphics injections on the config.plist (ATI/INTEL/NVIDIA).

Also add nvda_drv=1 flag under Boot > Arguments section.

Why you need mouse on boot loader screen. Everything you can do it with keyboard.

What is the problem??

Well I dont need it but the fact that there is one and it moves really slow and only to the left bugs me.
Regarding the EFI partition, so I open the Clover EFI app and configure everything but after the process is done it doesnt create an EFI partition or anything. I have two partitions on my SSD if it matters.

Well I dont need it but the fact that there is one and it moves really slow and only to the left bugs me.

Disable the mouse on config.plist

Regarding the EFI partition, so I open the Clover EFI app and configure everything but after the process is done it doesnt create an EFI partition or anything. I have two partitions on my SSD if it matters.

By default EFI partition will be on unmounted state. follow below steps to make it visible.

1. First run the below code on the terminal,
Code:
defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

2. Then open Disk Utility and choose the option Show Every Partition from the Debug Menu.

3. Then from the right side pane, right click on the EFI partition and choose the option Mount.

4. Once it is done goto finder. you will be able to see the EFI Partition there.

Disable the mouse on config.plist

By default EFI partition will be on unmounted state. follow below steps to make it visible.

1. First run the below code on the terminal,
Code:
defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

2. Then open Disk Utility and choose the option Show Every Partition from the Debug Menu.

3. Then from the right side pane, right click on the EFI partition and choose the option Mount.

4. Once it is done goto finder. you will be able to see the EFI Partition there.

Thanks for the help but sadly I cant see the EFI partition even with your instructions. For some weird reason Clover doesnt create one.

This is the guide I followed. Im guessing the partition must be GUID rather than MBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back