Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> How to remove USBInjectAll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I am trying to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553

However after rebooting, it is showing I still have any old version of USBInjectAll

Code:
Mac-Pro.local ➜  ~  kextstat | grep -i usbinj
   18    0 0xffffff7f8131f000 0x4000     0x4000     com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.6.5) A63DACD5-10FE-3A1C-BCB1-4EEF5308B7CC <13 12 5 3>

I do not for the life of me understand where it is coming from. I mounted all EFI partitions (2 in total) and the only one I can find is a USBInjectAll.kext-disabled in my ~/Downloads folder which is a 0.7.5 version, not 0.6.5.

I also tried this:

Code:
Mac-Pro.local ➜  Extensions  sudo find /System /Library ~/ -type f | while read line; do sudo grep -i rehabman "$line"; done
Binary file /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel matches

Why is it in the prelinkedkernel?

And this:

Code:
Mac-Pro:~ root# sudo find / -type f 2>/dev/null | egrep -i kext | while read line; do sudo grep -iH rehabman "$line" 2>/dev/null | grep -i USBInject; done | grep -v USBInjectAll.kext-disabled
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.7.1</string>
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.6.4</string>
/System/Library/Templates/Data/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.7.1</string>
/System/Library/Templates/Data/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.6.4</string>
/System/Volumes/Data/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.7.1</string>
/System/Volumes/Data/Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Resources/ExceptionLists.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll    0.6.4</string>
/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/db/loadedkextmt.plist:            <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll</string>
/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/db/loadedkextmt.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll</string>
/private/var/db/loadedkextmt.plist:            <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll</string>
/private/var/db/loadedkextmt.plist:        <string>com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll</string>

I'm not sure what is AppleKextExcludeList.kext but it doesn't have 0.6.5 in it, where is 0.6.5 coming from?

Code:
Mac-Pro.local ➜  ~  sudo find / 2>/dev/null | egrep -i USBInjectAll | egrep -v USBInjectAll.kext-disabled
/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/db/receipts/org.tonymacx86.cloverusbportlimit.USBInjectAll.pkg.plist
/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/db/receipts/org.tonymacx86.cloverusbportlimit.USBInjectAll.pkg.bom
/System/Volumes/Data/Users/hackeron/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/USBInjectAll Updated.kext.zip
/System/Volumes/Data/Users/hackeron/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/Hackintool.app/Contents/Resources/USB/USBInjectAll-Info.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/org.tonymacx86.cloverusbportlimit.USBInjectAll.pkg.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/org.tonymacx86.cloverusbportlimit.USBInjectAll.pkg.bom
/Users/hackeron/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/USBInjectAll Updated.kext.zip
/Users/hackeron/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/Hackintool.app/Contents/Resources/USB/USBInjectAll-Info.plist

Still no idea where is the kext coming from??

Anyone?

Ah, I had to run "Rebuild KextCache and Repair Permissions" in Hackintool!
Super interested in your setup here-- I'm on High Sierra and trying to get to Mojave and Catalina, but having all sorts of fun issues along the way... rolling back to older kexts and config.plist to get things working (except audio, grr). Recently replaced a NVIDIA card with the RX580 as well to hopefully get past the web drivers issues, etc. etc. I literally have the same setup as you do, same MoBo, CPU, Graphics. :) Would it be possible to borrow your config.plist and kexts that are working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back