Contribute
Register

How To Remove The G5 Upper Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you figure out which one to order. I'll order an extra for you. I'm at work and am so ridiculously distracted by this upcoming build. I just keep hitting refresh on my UPS tracking waiting for parts to arrive lol....

If you figure out which one to order. I'll order an extra for you. I'm at work and am so ridiculously distracted by this upcoming build. I just keep hitting refresh on my UPS tracking waiting for parts to arrive lol....

Thanks for the offer, mate! But I actually just wrapped a small little portion of tape around the end of the pin & it's stayed in place nicely (knock wood)!!
:thumbup:

Nice. I was thinking about trying a very small rubberband that I could just roll over the end of it.

How did you guys manage to remove the C-Clip? That's the only thing hindering me from finally getting my G5 fully deconstructed and for the life of me I can't get it off.

Thanks! I actually did the same thing right after I posted this (used an eyeglass screw driver).

hey,

mabye this is not the right topic to as this question. but what is that small chip on the first photo on top right? if you know what i mean...
the one where the red line goes through

Great little guide :clap:

Luckily enough the infamous 'c clip' pinged its way into the little cup I was using for all of my screws :headbang:

The only casualty here was one of the little nylon washers, which is a little annoying because the locking pin is slightly loose meaning the locking handle sits ever-so slightly proud of the case... :banghead:

I don't suppose anyone knows where to get such a menial part?

Cheers guy

Sean

Great little guide :clap:

Luckily enough the infamous 'c clip' pinged its way into the little cup I was using for all of my screws :headbang:

The only casualty here was one of the little nylon washers, which is a little annoying because the locking pin is slightly loose meaning the locking handle sits ever-so slightly proud of the case... :banghead:

I don't suppose anyone knows where to get such a menial part?

Cheers guy

Sean

If you have a local hardware store where you can buy nuts and bolts and other hardware by the piece it wouldn't hurt looking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back