Contribute
Register

How To Remove The G5 Upper Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I've read elsewhere that the posts are not the correct height and are in the wrong places for a PC motherboard, but measure them to check. I've not got that far yet, currently sorting the PSU.

I can't believe the whole face has to come off what a pita. While i'm here has any one use te stock motherboard stand offs left in place to mount the new ATX mobo tray to the case?
U'll get used to it, trust me... I've had to take down the shelf so many times when I initially modded my G5 case that it became second nature. There's plenty of tutorials online that go over how to do this.

U'll get used to it, trust me... I've had to take down the shelf so many times when I initially modded my G5 case that it became second nature. There's plenty of tutorials online that go over how to do this.

i thought the part of the case that the side cover clicks in to aka the whole dang side had to come off but, that's not true i figured it out, it's not too bad. i have an entire SSI EEB motherboard dual CPU 16x ram slot motherboard sitting in their nicely, it even has IDE so i should in theory be able to use the stock DVD drive. I have pics too just need to get the second heat sin mounted so i can things assembled.

BTW chances are folks in this thread will need the info in this thread

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g5-front-panel-quick-guide.77208/

this one was handy for locating and the layout,

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/melts-g5-mods-two-complete-lianli-and-mountainmods.28368/

Since bloody photobucket has gone greedy:
G5selfremoval1.jpg

I lost the C-clip when I was trying to push it back. Searched for an entire day and still can't find it. Do you guys know where I can buy one?

I lost the C-clip when I was trying to push it back. Searched for an entire day and still can't find it. Do you guys know where I can buy one?

I understand having the clip go flying and being hard to locate. One time I used the house hold vacuum (with a new bag) and vacuumed the carpeted room to recover the clip.

I then started putting handles on the clips so I could manage the reassembly task much better:
SW5.jpg

Provide me your US mail address and I will send you a clip from my salvage box.

Good modding,
neil

I understand having the clip go flying and being hard to locate. One time I used the house hold vacuum (with a new bag) and vacuumed the carpeted room to recover the clip.

I then started putting handles on the clips so I could manage the reassembly task much better:
SW5.jpg

Provide me your US mail address and I will send you a clip from my salvage box.

Good modding,
neil
Thank you for the tip. I went ahead and ordered the entire thing online before I saw your post. cost me near $20. I will add a tape to the clip this time to make sure I don't loose it

i know its a million year old post but big shout out to eelhead for the pics and advice - thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back