Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo v330-15IKB (81AX)
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD620
How can we remove the unwanted partition folder icons on desktop I marked below photos? Especially those Reserved hard disk partitions which are not necessary at all.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 7.40.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 7.41.06 PM.png

How can we remove the unwanted partition folder icons on desktop I marked below photos? Especially those Reserved hard disk partitions which are not necessary at all.

View attachment 515161

View attachment 515162
probably from your old windows installation?

when you erased the drive in diskutility, did you choose from the drop down option to show all devices and then erased the actual drive itself?

Actually those are all active window partitions. So i cant erase them. I only want to remove their icons on the desktop

Actually those are all active window partitions. So i cant erase them. I only want to remove their icons on the desktop
Finder Preferences General untick Hard disks

Finder Preferences General untick Hard disks
I know this. But i want to see the other active hard disks.
Ok as I understand this is hard to do action and i will live with them or undisplay all HDs in preferences.

I know this. But i want to see the other active hard disks.
Ok as I understand this is hard to do action and i will live with them or undisplay all HDs in preferences.
you can still see your hard drives in a window side bar as long as F/P/Sidebar Hard disks is fully ticked

I wrote a script to unmount unwanted disks and placed in startup. It is working as I want now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back