Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> How to Remove "Reset NVRAM" Boot Entry in OpenCore 0.7.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad E570
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys!

my question is already in the title:
since i have a lenovo laptop and dortania´s guide stated that this laps are known to semi brick when resetting nvram, i´d really love to remove this entry for....you know...obvious reasons :)

is there a way?

(sorry to make a topic out of this "shorty". an "just a short question" thread would be good imho. just didnt want to hijack anybody others "somehow nvram related" thread)

thanks in advance,
marcus

Open your config.plist in ProperTree.

Navigate to the Misc > Security > AllowNvramReset entry, change the entry from True to False. The icon will no longer show on the boot screen or in the Picker List.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 17.50.52.png

This is the same in every version of OpenCore, not just version 0.7.2

Open your config.plist in ProperTree.

Navigate to the Misc > Security > AllowNvramReset entry, change the entry from True to False. The icon will no longer show on the boot screen or in the Picker List.

View attachment 528174

This is the same in every version of OpenCore, not just version 0.7.2
goddamnit! im feeling even more stupid right now.

Thanks for your response!
You all are heroes!

If you want to keep the possibility of resetting NVRAM without it showing all the time, just set
Misc > Boot > HideAuxiliary to true.
If you ever need it, just hit the space bar and it will show, together with other options such as Recovery or utilities in the Tools folder. ;)

Last edited:
This option should be called "ShowAuxiliary" = YES

Is a bit of confusing, to show all the tools with the space bar, (auxiliary tools) you need to select "Enabled" and also "Auxiliary"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back