CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, just want to share something that I found online in case it helps anyone.

I have a Hackintosh running macOS 10.13.5, and occasionally the audio stops working and I have to restart it. This problem has been very annoying and I haven't able to find a fix for it. Instead, I came across two terminal commands that reload the AppleHDA.kext to fix the audio without restarting. Just type them in the terminal or place them in a .command file. It's not ideal, but it's much easier than restarting every couple hours.

Code:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Source: https://superuser.com/questions/647396/reload-mac-audio-drivers-without-rebooting

Freaking genius!

Just in case, I have the same issue, but I used to solve it sending my computer to sleep and then waking it up instead of restarting it.

Hi guys, just want to share something that I found online in case it helps anyone.

I have a Hackintosh running macOS 10.13.5, and occasionally the audio stops working and I have to restart it. This problem has been very annoying and I haven't able to find a fix for it. Instead, I came across two terminal commands that reload the AppleHDA.kext to fix the audio without restarting. Just type them in the terminal or place them in a .command file. It's not ideal, but it's much easier than restarting every couple hours.

Code:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Source: https://superuser.com/questions/647396/reload-mac-audio-drivers-without-rebooting
That solved my issue too. Everything was fine until i upgraded to 10.14.4 and Multibeast 11.1.0-6. Now sound disappears after hibernation. Hoping to find a longer term solution but enlil's solution is better than a reboot to get audio back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back