Contribute
Register

How to “reboot” instead of “restart” on Hackintosh (UEFI triple boot with Linux & Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel® HM86 Express Chipset
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Sorry for bit confusing title, let me explain.

Currently i have triple boot OS installed on my ASUS X450JF machine, OS X El Capitan, Kali Linux 2017.1, & Windows 10 Creator Update on single 850 EVO SSD using Clover Bootloader of course. Everything seems work perfectly as expected.

But I have a tiny annoying problem on hackintosh side. Everytime i want to change OS from Hackintosh to Kali or 10, i have to shutdown at first then press power button & booting up again to Clover. Choosing restart option on Hackintosh take the machine restarting on to Hackintosh again instead of reboot to Clover.

Would it possible to reboot OS X El Capitan to Clover directly? Anyhow? Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 261
Do you have default volume set as last booted volume in Clover config.plist?

Do you have default volume set as last booted volume in Clover config.plist?
Yes i have default volume set as last booted volume in clover. But wait.
Take a look at restart behaviour on each os. (last booted volume as default)
Doing restart on windows & linux, bring me to clover & give me ability to select which os i want to start on after restart. Also ASUS boot splash displayed before it and i can access uefi setting with pressing delete or f2.
Doing restart on hackintosh, bring me to "blackscreen" (or nothing) and then Apple logo splash displayed without any ASUS boot splash or Clover loader before that.
So technically i can't go to Uefi setup with just doing restart + f2/del on hackintosh side (like windows&linux did).

Last edited:
OK I'll go try to change default volume to kali or 10 on clover, and report the result here.

Last edited:
Default boot have changed to kali. The result is when i'm trying to restart from hackintosh it goes to blackscreen entirely.
After few minutes, i tried to push power button and apparently it went to sleep, so i pushed power button again, and finally my kali os showed up!
So restart is working!
But, unfortunately the main problem is still remain. I couldnt reach clover menu.
Maybe my laptop monitor didn't get signal after doing restart, it didnt show ASUS boot logo menu, and it didnt show clover bootloader menu.

Any idea?How do i fix that?
The restart was going well if Default Volume = LastBootedVolume, but clover bootloader menu is skipped as well.

Last edited:
Anyone?
I just attached my config.plist.
Help me please....

But, unfortunately the main problem is still remain. I couldnt reach clover menu.
Maybe my laptop monitor didn't get signal after doing restart, it didnt show ASUS boot logo menu, and it didnt show clover bootloader menu.

You're reaching Clover as there is no way to boot macOS without it.
But the Clover menu is just not visible.

Impossible for any ideas without more information...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back