Contribute
Register

How to Prepare for Big Sur

@scottkendall, thank you for your help.
In the end I changed to Opencore 0.6.3 and made a new iMac 17.1 serial.etc.
I was then able to install Big Sur.
Im impressed with OpenCore so far.
Oh my mistake I just assumed you were using OC already. OC is really the way to go for Big Sur, since clover actually just uses OC to boot the OS.

Hi everyone I got this error what can I do ? My motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 CPU CORE-İ5-2500K SSD Samsung 850 evo 240 gb bios legacy

Attachments

• 20201117_002106.jpg
    20201117_002106.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 193
I had been using Clover since probably High Sierra and just recently switched to OpenCore 0.6.3 for Big Sur. I'm telling you, OpenCore is the way to go! I have one of the older Z270 motherboards and everything just works with OC/Big Sur (sleep, wake, sound, etc.) with the help of Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen, IntelMausi, and VirtualSMC of course. I have never had any macOS installation that went this smoothly.

I had been using Clover since probably High Sierra and just recently switched to OpenCore 0.6.3 for Big Sur. I'm telling you, OpenCore is the way to go! I have one of the older Z270 motherboards and everything just works with OC/Big Sur (sleep, wake, sound, etc.) with the help of Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen, IntelMausi, and VirtualSMC of course. I have never had any macOS installation that went this smoothly.
Can you send me a copy of your EFI folder for the Z270 board. I've been trying to get my OC config.plist to work with my GA-Z270x-UD5 board

I looked at my config.plist in Clover Configurator and saw that the SmUUID field was actually blank. But I have iMessage, handoff, dam, etc., all working fine....

Looking in the System Report, I do see a Hardware UUID value. Is this the same as SmUUID? It does have the same format aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

BTW: I do have a CustomUUID, and it *does not* match the Hardware UUID reported by the system. And if I ask Clover Configurator to "get it from system" it returns the Hardware UUID reported by the System Report. It is a wonder that iMessage ever worked.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reboot clear your NVRAM and see if that fixes it!
Having the same issues, with some exceptions. Changed system ID to 17,1 and ported my serials etc., tried deleting the NVRAM in my Clover EFI folder and I still see iMac 14,2 indicated in "About This Mac". That said, selecting System Report does show 17,1 indicated. Any idea how to get the "About This Mac" splash screen to correctly show what shows up in the System Report?

Having the same issues, with some exceptions. Changed system ID to 17,1 and ported my serials etc., tried deleting the NVRAM in my Clover EFI folder and I still see iMac 14,2 indicated in "About This Mac". That said, selecting System Report does show 17,1 indicated. Any idea how to get the "About This Mac" splash screen to correctly show what shows up in the System Report?
Someone else posted about this issue only I think there problem was reversed. In their case they had an old board ID for 14,1, with a 17,1 serial. In your case it sounds like you are using a 14,1 serial I would guess that to fix about Mac you would need to update to a 17,1 serial. However, as far as I understand it the stuff listed in about Mac is cosmetic.

I've tried Big Sur beta 5 before. I changed from iMac 13,2 (Clover 5117) to iMacPro1,1 (OpenCore 0.6.1) , and it works well.
Sorry for the delayed response! Guess it is time to learn OpenCore before the move! Thank you so much!

Isn't logging in Apple ID and dealing with Apple official servers on a Hackintosh kinda risky for Hackintosh world in general?

I'm asking because I Hackintosh like 8 years now but on my iCloud devices I have iPhone 12, iPhone 6s and an iPad 2018, though I use my Hackintoshs as daily computers, laptop and desktop.

Back