Contribute
Register

How to Prepare for Big Sur

3) Open TextEdit and copy and paste into a new document your present Serial Number, Board Serial Number and System UUID. Save this safely.
Hi there, since my SMBIOS is iMac15,1 I don't need to worry about this but:
When I'm setting up this hack I created CustomUUID with Clover Configurator. One of the guides or iMessage guides suggested it. Now, considering to go for OpenCore and OC does not support CustomUUID. The question is, CustomUUID somehow attached to my SMBIOS and is used along with SN, BSN and SUUID when connected to iCloud and iServices? If so, dropping it with OC, cause any issues? Like getting Apple ID blacklisted?

Thanks!

Edit: Here's how are those values shown in different places:
Clover Config (config.plist):
SMBIOS:
SmUUID: AAA (making up the values)
CustomUUID: BBB

Hackintool:
HW UUID: CCC
System ID: BBB (this is the same with CustomUUID instead of SmUUID)

System Info:
HW UUID: CCC

IOREG:
IODeviceTree:
IOPlatformUUID: CCC
IODeviceTree:/efi/platform: system-id: BBB

So in this case, using CustomUUID instead of SmUUID will do the trick? CustomUUID seems like is being used for SmUUID in the system. When I click "from system" under RT Variables "system-id" matches CustomUUID not SmUUID in SMBIOS.

@jaymonkey I'd like to know opinion as well, thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there, since my SMBIOS is iMac15,1 I don't need to worry about this but:
When I'm setting up this hack I created CustomUUID with Clover Configurator. One of the guides or iMessage guides suggested it. Now, considering to go for OpenCore and OC does not support CustomUUID. The question is, CustomUUID somehow attached to my SMBIOS and is used along with SN, BSN and SUUID when connected to iCloud and iServices? If so, dropping it with OC, cause any issues? Like getting Apple ID blacklisted?

Thanks!
Been running OC for about a 9 months when I changed to OC I just copied what I had in clover over to OC. If field did not exist in OC I just ignored that from clover. I use iCloud and Iservices it is one of the main reasons I run Mac I have not had any issues.

Been running OC for about a 9 months when I changed to OC I just copied what I had in clover over to OC. If field did not exist in OC I just ignored that from clover. I use iCloud and Iservices it is one of the main reasons I run Mac I have not had any issues.
Have you created CustomUUID with Clover Config?

Have you created CustomUUID with Clover Config?
When I used clover yes, but when I change I simply copied the SMUUID and placed it in the System UUID. I did not worry about the UUID that was located in the custom UUID field. I also use OC Configurator but you need to be careful with that because OC is beta so to speak things move around and OC Configurator might not move something, or if it does it might not delete it from the old location. Others on this forum will tell you not to use it at all.

When I used clover yes, but when I change I simply copied the SMUUID and placed it in the System UUID. I did not worry about the UUID that was located in the custom UUID field. I also use OC Configurator but you need to be careful with that because OC is beta so to speak things move around and OC Configurator might not move something, or if it does it might not delete it from the old location. Others on this forum will tell you not to use it at all.
I've edited my post above. Unfortunately my SmUUID in config is different than System ID detected with Hackintool. System ID is the Custom UUID I created from System Parameters in Clover Configurator.

I've edited my post above. Unfortunately my SmUUID in config is different than System ID detected with Hackintool. System ID is the Custom UUID I created from System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.27.42 PM.png
This is the only stuff I filled in I used SM UUID clover and placed it in System UUID OpenCore.

I set my system up with OC 9 months ago and so far I have no issues with updates, iCloud, iMessages, I have 280+ movies, so I have a bit to lose if they black listed my ID.

If you are that worry about doing it wrong you could always let Open Core Configurator populate all the fields and use your board number and serial.

As many people have been running system-definitions - the model of Apple Mac your Hackintosh is emulating - which will no-longer be supported under Big Sur, if you would like to upgrade when the time comes you will need make some changes to your config.plist.

I've been happily running system-definition iMac14,2 for many years but this is an old Mac model which will not be supported going forward with Big Sur. So I need to prepare now.

To get this thread started I'll show you what I needed to do. YMMV but I hope what we can all add to this thread will be useful, or at the very least a pointer as to required actions.

1) Open config.plist in Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator.

2) Go to the SMBIOS (Clover) or PlatformInfo / DataHub-Generic-PlatformNVRAM (OpenCore) section.

3) Open TextEdit and copy and paste into a new document your present Serial Number, Board Serial Number and System UUID. Save this safely.

4) Open the pull-down menu next to Model Lookup / Check Coverage buttons and select your new, compatible system-definition. For my iMac14,2 machine I chose to upgrade to iMac17,1. (iMac19,* might be a closer match to my hardware but there are other considerations for these two). This will populate all the necessary fields.

** What you do next is your choice and the important thing here is not to change your definition too many times while connected to the Internet or Apple might lock your ID until you contact them, so take care. I'll explain a reason for the two choices later on.

5) You can choose to create a new Mac as far as Apple is concerned and save all the changes the Configurator has made. You will then be required to re-authorise your iCloud connection with your password when you reboot. This will log a "new" machine against your Apple ID.

OR

You can paste back in the Serial-Number, Board Serial Number and System UUID from the TextEdit document you created earlier. This will restore your "Apple Mac" as far as Apple is concerned, but again you will need to re-authorise iCloud when you reboot.

** Bear in mind if you have expensive software applications locked to serial-numbers or SUUIDs to activate them, then re-using your old SMBIOS serials might be required. Though this should work, software developers can be very clever in their activation methods. A good idea would be to do some on-line research just in case you are actually unable to upgrade to Big Sur, or beyond an earlier macOS version, because of these restrictions.

Other issues:

6) POP email accounts will not log-on, asking you to input your passwords for each mail-box again. This will not work. You will need to delete each mail account and set-up as new again. This will work but re-download all messages left on your servers.

7) Changing serial-numbers like this has the potential to give you a serial that does not match the hardware it is on. Apple encodes some date info in the number. However, this does work and maybe required for that software activation.

Okay, that's my first post on this subject. Please chime in with your findings, agreements/disagreements, so we can all help each other upgrade successfully to Big Sur.

As many people have been running system-definitions - the model of Apple Mac your Hackintosh is emulating - which will no-longer be supported under Big Sur, if you would like to upgrade when the time comes you will need make some changes to your config.plist.

I've been happily running system-definition iMac14,2 for many years but this is an old Mac model which will not be supported going forward with Big Sur. So I need to prepare now.

To get this thread started I'll show you what I needed to do. YMMV but I hope what we can all add to this thread will be useful, or at the very least a pointer as to required actions.

1) Open config.plist in Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator.

2) Go to the SMBIOS (Clover) or PlatformInfo / DataHub-Generic-PlatformNVRAM (OpenCore) section.

4) Open the pull-down menu next to Model Lookup / Check Coverage buttons and select your new, compatible system-definition. For my iMac14,2 machine I chose to upgrade to iMac17,1. (iMac19,* might be a closer match to my hardware but there are other considerations for these two). This will populate all the necessary fields.

** What you do next is your choice and the important thing here is not to change your definition too many times while connected to the Internet or Apple might lock your ID until you contact them, so take care. I'll explain a reason for the two choices later on.

5) You can choose to create a new Mac as far as Apple is concerned and save all the changes the Configurator has made. You will then be required to re-authorise your iCloud connection with your password when you reboot. This will log a "new" machine against your Apple ID.

OR

You can paste back in the Serial-Number, Board Serial Number and System UUID from the TextEdit document you created earlier. This will restore your "Apple Mac" as far as Apple is concerned, but again you will need to re-authorise iCloud when you reboot.

** Bear in mind if you have expensive software applications locked to serial-numbers or SUUIDs to activate them, then re-using your old SMBIOS serials might be required. Though this should work, software developers can be very clever in their activation methods. A good idea would be to do some on-line research just in case you are actually unable to upgrade to Big Sur, or beyond an earlier macOS version, because of these restrictions.

Other issues:

6) POP email accounts will not log-on, asking you to input your passwords for each mail-box again. This will not work. You will need to delete each mail account and set-up as new again. This will work but re-download all messages left on your servers.

7) Changing serial-numbers like this has the potential to give you a serial that does not match the hardware it is on. Apple encodes some date info in the number. However, this does work and maybe required for that software activation.

Okay, that's my first post on this subject. Please chime in with your findings, agreements/disagreements, so we can all help each other upgrade successfully to Big Sur.

:)
In the Apple Big Sur is now available post ... You wrote:

"What we know about 11.0.1 so far...
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here"

Ok ... I tried to update the Clover Bootloader to Release 5.1 r5126 !!! ... Everything was going well ... Until ...
Until I received a message which said "That the version r5126 WAS NOT compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 !!! ...
So ... What can I do ??? ... PLEASE HELP !!! ... I appreciate all your time and help !!! ...
P.S. When are we going to have a new version of Multibeast ???

Attachments

• Clover Fail.jpg
    Clover Fail.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 134
In the Apple Big Sur is now available post ... You wrote:

"What we know about 11.0.1 so far...
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here"

Ok ... I tried to update the Clover Bootloader to Release 5.1 r5126 !!! ... Everything was going well ... Until ...
Until I received a message which said "That the version r5126 WAS NOT compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 !!! ...
So ... What can I do ??? ... PLEASE HELP !!! ... I appreciate all your time and help !!! ...
P.S. When are we going to have a new version of Multibeast ???
click install anyway

click install anyway
Ok ... Done ... And, now the boot process stops at the Apple Logo sign !!! ... And stays there doing nothing !!! ...

Ok ... Done ... And, now the boot process stops at the Apple Logo sign !!! ... And stays there doing nothing !!! ...
boot verbose so you can get an idea of the issue, make sure you added the new config.plist entries

Back