3770k OC @ 4.5GHz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

i just upgraded for several reasons to a 3770k + Z77X-UD5H. I am very happy with this system. But of course I want to optimise it, thought it seems harder than I thought. On Sandy it was rather easy, but things have changed. I have read a couple of threads, but I don't seem to figure out how it works.

So far I have found out to have a good overclocked system you need

- an edited AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
- a Custom SSDT -
- the right system definition (Mac mini 6.2, iMac 13.2 etc. basically ivy systems)

I am struggling with the first 2 points.

I don't understand at all how to create a custom SSDT with http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm-47.html
The program is asking me to type in my password, then it creates the SSDT and then its over. I don't even get the chance to write any lines. Or how else can you put the different frequency states in? I don't get it.

And second what is the purpose of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext?

My goal is to have a nice overclock, which I get with MacPro 3.1 and 4.5GHz @ 1.17V. But I feel like I could optimise it.

If there's someone who could bring some light into this for me, that would be great!

I know. Though I think thats the sweetspot. 4.6 already requires like 1.22V

Are there no benefits in having a custom ssdt and proper cpupowermanagement? I just want to have it as powerful as possible. Of course reasonably.

EDIT: Just went down to 1.155-1.160 xD

Maybe I will overclock it higher when the temps are lower. Ambient is like 32 in my room.

Thanks. Yeah got it in the end at 1.145 stable xD .. But for 4.6 I need like 1.175. I think the sweetspot is 4.5Ghz

I really enjoy the temps. 28°C in my room right now. And the cpu has idle of 31°C. Load doesn't go above 65°C

Anyway, the only thing that bothers me is my rather low geekbench score, my memory is costing me about 500-1000pts -.- Too bad memory is so freaking expensive right now. I'd love 32GB :)

I had bad luck with my gfx card and my old mainboard. So maybe thats a way to say sorry :')

Well, but you seem to have quite a good gb score for 4.2Ghz! Thats something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back