Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.8.7 is out. Get it from Acidanthera.

Please read the message by PMheart, the best summary with the news.

Main changes
  • MacHyperVSupport: a lot of fixes and improvements (see the kext changelog).
  • Removed unwanted flicker when launching non-text entry.
  • Fixed TSC/FSB for AMD CPUs in ProvideCurrentCpuInfo.
  • Changed macrecovery to download files into com.apple.recovery.boot by default.
  • Improved Apple builtin picker (BootKicker.efi) on some systems and after reboot.
  • Misc -> Boot -> ShowPicker changed from Boolean to String, valid values are:
    • Always - Always show picker (equivalent to ShowPicker=True)
    • Never - Never show picker (equivalent to ShowPicker=False)
    • SkipOnHibernateWake - Don't show picker if waking from macOS hibernation.
  • Misc -> Boot -> added HibernateSkipsPicker (Boolean): not to show picker if waking from macOS hibernation. Failsafe value: false.
config.plist
  • Misc -> Boot -> ShowPicker changed from Boolean to String.
  • Misc -> Boot -> added HibernateSkipsPicker (Boolean), failsafe value is false.
Kexts
  • Apple ALC 1.7.7.
  • HibernationFixup 1.4.7.
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware 2.3.0 >> beta version.
  • MacHyperVSupport 0.9.3.
  • FeatureUnlock 1.1.1.
  • VoodooPS2Controller 2.3.2.
  • WhateverGreen 1.6.2.
Note: the strikethrough text refers to changes made at some point and later reverted or modified.

Thank you again, OpenCore developers!!!

Last edited:
Fixed TSC/FSB for AMD CPUs in ProvideCurrentCpuInfo.
The monthly summary may not convey the significance of this change: It fixes audio stuttering on Ryzen CPUs with an iGPU, including Zen 4/Ryzen 7000.
This, together with a kernel patch by @CaseySJ to fix PCIe initialisation, allows for fully working hackintoshes with socket AM5.

@etorix
Thanks for the info. I haven‘t noticed the significance of these 2 changes.

There's only one change in OpenCore.
The kernel patch ("CaseySJ - probeBusGated Disable 10 bit tags - 12.0/13.0") is not distributed with OC but is available from AMD-OSX repository, along with other required patches.

Upgraded to 0.8.7 direct from 0.8.4 using OCAT (on Ventura). No issues. I did have to edit a few lines by hand to enable opencanopy (basically I hadn't got around to doing so before). Not sure why opencanopy issue (identified by the checker) couldm't be done directly by OCAT but was a lot easier than updating the config.plist myself.

[There's a separate story that I thought I was on 0.8.5 and have had occasional hard crashes - maybe once a week, but unpredictable - so hoping this will fix that. Still don't understand how I didn't complete the process to 0.8.5 but there it is.]

THX Perfect as usual. in my case with Z390 Intel CNVI, I also had to update BlueToolFixup/AirportItlwm kext - Latest version because older versions are incompatible with ventura and they can create shutdowns and kernel panic.

Is there an issue with OC Validate?

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.7!
OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty> as type integer, context <ShowPicker>!
Serialisation returns 2 errors!
Completed validating /Volumes/Big Sur — Data/Users/Desktop/OC 0.8.7 Big Sur/plists/OC 0.8.7 Boot Fail.plist in 1 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

I've compared to sample plist on numerous occasions.

Is there an issue with OC Validate?

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.8.7!
OCS: No schema for HibernateSkipsPicker at 2 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: Failed to calculate size of true field containing <empty> as type integer, context <ShowPicker>!
Serialisation returns 2 errors!
Completed validating /Volumes/Big Sur — Data/Users/Desktop/OC 0.8.7 Big Sur/plists/OC 0.8.7 Boot Fail.plist in 1 ms. Found 2 issues requiring attention.

I've compared to sample plist on numerous occasions.
AFAIK, no issue with ocvalidate: "This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.x.y" is displayed every time. If it displays errors, it means there are errors remaining in your config.plist

@Westsurf
There is something wrong in your EFI folder. Recheck that all files are from 0.8.7 final release. Drivers, tools and OpenCore.efi file must be from 0.8.7 final package, not from a compilation before final.
And ocvalidate, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back