Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.8.4 is out. Get it from Acidanthera.

Main changes
  • Misc >> Tools: added FullNvramAccess key (Boolean) for tools which require direct access to NVRAM. It disables the NVRAM protections provided by OpenRuntime.efi during the time the tool is in use. Leave it False except if it is specifically required.
  • UEFI >> Drivers >> LoadEarly: added checks in ocvalidate to conform with the guidelines that regulates it when using the OpenVariableRuntimeDxe driver:
    - When OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi is in use its LoadEarly option must be set to TRUE.
    - When OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi is in use it must be before OpenRuntime.efi in the drivers list and OpenRuntime.efi LoadEarly option must be set to TRUE.
    - LoadEarly for any other driver but OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi and OpenRuntime.efi in the above scenario must be set to FALSE.
  • Updated SSDTs for Hyper-V: SSDT-HV-CPU.dsl is replaced with SSDT-HV-DEV.dsl for compatibility with older macOS versions on Windows 10 and newer.
  • Updated builtin zlib library to 1.2.12.
  • Changed ocpasswordgen not to print characters on password input.
  • Fix for older hardware (Pentium 4).
  • Fix for 32-bit build support on macOS (use High Sierra 10.13 and below).
  • Added network stack drivers, a basic set of NetworkPkg drivers with HTTP boot support (ArpDxe.efi, Dhcp4Dxe.efi, DnsDxe.efi, DpcDxe.efi, HttpBootDxe.efi, HttpDxe.efi, HttpUtilitiesDxe.efi, Ip4Dxe.efi, MnpDxe.efi, SnpDxe.efi, TcpDxe.efi, Udp4Dxe.efi). Only in SampleCustom.plist.
config.plist
  • Misc >> Tools: added FullNvramAccess key (Boolean). See above.
  • UEFI >> Drivers: added network drivers with HTTP boot support (only in SampleCustom.plist). See above.
Kexts
  • AppleALC 1.7.5: added new layouts, fixed xml formatting
  • CPUFriend 1.2.7: added kext bundle version support when creating CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.
  • MacHyperVSupport 0.9.1: updated Readme and fixes.
  • VoodooPS2 2.3.0: fixes.
Thank you OpenCore team!!!

Last edited:
@Feartech
Yes, I had seen your contribution.
I am far from being able to contribute with things like this :)

Added ALC255(3234) layout-id 22 for Asus N752VX by Feartech

@Feartech
Yes, I had seen your contribution.
I am far from being able to contribute with things like this :)

Added ALC255(3234) layout-id 22 for Asus N752VX by Feartech
I found a layout that worked, apart from when the laptop wakes up from sleep, the headphone was distorted

had a read through this guide:

then saw this one here:
which helped a great deal by updating the WakeConfigData and adding in more info in the ConfigData

so duplicated platform id etc and added in the extra elements and rebuilt and it worked

then followed this bit:

:)

Smooth update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on "Mini-ITX 1," "Mini-ITX 3" and "Mini-ITX 4" today. The two Coffeelakes and the Haswell all work fine. ("Mini-ITX 2" is presently not in-house and still uses OpenCore 0.7.4.)

[Edit 09-16-22: "Mini-ITX 2" now in-house, and updated to OpenCore 0.8.4 and MacOS 11.7. No problems so far.]

Last edited:
Update from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 went flawlessly. Working well so far with the latest Ventura beta.

@NZRichard
Really I have no idea. OC developers say "It should normally be avoided". Maybe is an option created for rare cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back