Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.1 > 0.8.2 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got that Mojave Mojo going.

I've found that newer OC versions and the latest kexts don't always work on older hardware running macOS versions Mojave and older. Not sure why but often seems best to just stay with older versions that do work rather than being on the latest offered.
I've always wondered why Hackintool always suggests old versions of the kexts to DL:
Capture d’écran 2022-07-07 à 15.00.41.jpg

Could they be suggestions for the most compatible versions for my system? :confused:

The person to ask that ? to is @headkaze the creator of Hackintool.
Well, headkaze hasn't posted anything for one year+ now... Anyway, I don't think the mentioned DL versions are relevant, as I get the same in 10.11 while RealtekRTL8111 2.2.1 is the last working version in 10.11.
Capture d’écran 2022-07-07 à 16.33.10.jpg

I don't think the mentioned DL versions are relevant, as I get the same in 10.11 while RealtekRTL8111 2.2.1 is the last working version in 10.11.
It would be a lot of work to figure that out for every macOS version for every kext from Acidanthera. Since Hackintool is freeware, I really doubt headkaze would invest his time and effort to implement something like this in Hackintool.

It would be a lot of work to figure that out for every macOS version for every kext from Acidanthera. Since Hackintool is freeware, I really doubt headkaze would invest his time and effort to implement something like this in Hackintool.
Indeed, must be some casual side effect. ;)

Opencore 0.8.2 (and latest kexts) works well on my "Mini-ITX 1, 3, and 4" (left) computers. Still running Mojave 10.14.6 on computer at left, and High Sierra 10.13.6 on the other two. No problems so far. (Currently I have no access to "Mini-ITX 2" which is running Big Sur 11.4 or something using boot loader OC 0.7.4.)

You've got that Mojave Mojo going.

I've found that newer OC versions and the latest kexts don't always work on older hardware running macOS versions Mojave and older. Not sure why but often seems best to just stay with older versions that do work rather than being on the latest offered.
I must say that since OC 0.8.1, it occasionally "seems" to boot but gives a 10s black screen instead and comes back to the picker (without rebooting!) then I press Return and it boots normally... I've cleared NVRAM to no avail.
Not a big deal, though, so I'm waiting to see if it gets fixed in future versions or if I'd better stick to 0.7.9 or 0.8.0 (it can also be a kext issue...)

And the culprit is... AppleALC-1.7.3-RELEASE, tadaaa!
I'm a bit surprised as it happens at a very early stage in boot. All the other ones seem to work correctly.
EDIT: AppleALC-1.7.2-RELEASE works correctly with Lilu-1.6.1-RELEASE.
Monterey 12.4

Maybe I have the same issue. I will test it later and report back. I updated today from 0.7.9 to 0.8.2, crash and reboot just when the Desktop should be appearing.

Update: I changed AppleALC-1.7.3-RELEASE to AppleALC-1.7.2-RELEASE and same issue. So no. I must have another issue I am not aware off. Looks like I am going to need to investigate a little.

Update2: I started with a new Sample.plist and with ProperTree configured myself instead of using OpenCore Auxiliary Tools. No more crash and reboot in the end of the boot.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back