Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.0 > 0.8.1 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
You technically hackintoshed your Mac Pro.
Yes. Officially, the Mac Pro 5,1 ended with Mojave. However, I've been following the MacRumors Mac Pro forum section for years. There are several threads on how to use OC on a Mac Pro. The best guide is:

We seem to be missing a couple steps to restore an extremely important tool. What goes where, exactly?

Attachments

• Which one, now?.png
    Which one, now?.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 137
We seem to be missing a couple steps to restore an extremely important tool. What goes where, exactly?
from post 1:
  • Removed AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip from Misc / Security
  • Reset NVRAM (ResetNvramEntry.efi) and Toggle SIP (ToggleSipEntry.efi) have been added in UEFI >> Drivers. These drivers are automatic: if you have them in Drivers folder and in config.plist, they are displayed in the picker and can be selected.

Based on the grief I'm hearing about resetting the NVRAM I think I'll sit out 0.8.1 for now, 0.8.0 is working just fine.
I finally made the jump to 0.8.1. Not as big of a hassle as I thought, I got the NVRAM Reset to display in the picker pretty easily.

from post 1:
  • Removed AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip from Misc / Security
  • Reset NVRAM (ResetNvramEntry.efi) and Toggle SIP (ToggleSipEntry.efi) have been added in UEFI >> Drivers. These drivers are automatic: if you have them in Drivers folder and in config.plist, they are displayed in the picker and can be selected.
Also Post #11.

hi guys, can you help me with this config.plist, since i upgraded to 0.8.1, gui doesnt work, read ton of materials and did try many mix and matches, gui doesnt work. i was on 0.6.4 before the upgrade and it was working fine. now i m just overlooking something probably but cant see it.

i m on monterey now. oc 0.8.1, updated the binaries to latest, opencanopy etc... everything is working but the gui, only text menu. still getting test menu instead of gui at boot. fixed all boot (text messages about config) errors and nope.

thanx in advance
(i hope it is not wrong topic to post about this? if it s mods can move it appropriately)

Attachments

• config.plist
    58.5 KB · Views: 44
hi guys, can you help me with this config.plist, since i upgraded to 0.8.1, gui doesnt work, read ton of materials and did try many mix and matches, gui doesnt work. i was on 0.6.4 before the upgrade and it was working fine. now i m just overlooking something probably but cant see it.

i m on monterey now. oc 0.8.1, updated the binaries to latest, opencanopy etc... everything is working but the gui, only text menu. still getting test menu instead of gui at boot. fixed all boot (text messages about config) errors and nope.

thanx in advance
(i hope it is not wrong topic to post about this? if it s mods can move it appropriately)
you need to run ocvalidate on your config,plist and then fix the errors:

OCS: Missing key Flavour, context <Tools>!
OCS: Missing key RealPath, context <Tools>!
OCS: Missing key TextMode, context <Tools>!
Serialisation returns 3 errors!

OpenCanopy.efi is loaded at UEFI->Drivers, but Misc->Boot->PickerMode is not set to External!
CheckMisc returns 1 error!

you need to run ocvalidate on your config,plist and then fix the errors:

OCS: Missing key Flavour, context <Tools>!
OCS: Missing key RealPath, context <Tools>!
OCS: Missing key TextMode, context <Tools>!
Serialisation returns 3 errors!

OpenCanopy.efi is loaded at UEFI->Drivers, but Misc->Boot->PickerMode is not set to External!
CheckMisc returns 1 error!
thanx mate, i did this earlier, but my stupid mistake, i didnt copy the file back to efi folder, instead it was in the binaries folder where ocvalidate.

keep testing ok, but not copying!

appreciated!:thumbup:

thanx mate, i did this earlier, but my stupid mistake, i didnt copy the file back to efi folder, instead it was in the binaries folder where ocvalidate.

keep testing ok, but not copying!

appreciated!:thumbup:
Did you replace your "Resources" folder in /EFI/EFI/OC partition? It was revised a number of versions ago and OpenCanopy won't recognize the older 0.6.4 version you currently have. Copy the folder from the 0.8.1 update over the one in the path above. You'll have to add in new versions of any custom files you have added in them that aren't included in the replacement folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back