Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.0 > 0.8.1 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Superbogey
You must:
- remove AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip from Misc / Security in config.plist
- remove Toggle SIP from Misc / Tools in config.plist and from Tools folder
- add Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP as UEFI / Drivers in config.plist (also into Drivers folder).

These drivers are automatic: if you have them in Drivers folder and config.plist, they are displayed in the picker and can be selected.

Note: Toggle SIP included in my post but not mandatory, only if you want to have it.

@Superbogey
You must:
- remove AllowNvramReset and AllowToggleSip from Misc / Security in config.plist
- add Reset NVRAM and Toggle SIP as UEFI / Drivers in config.plist (also into Drivers folder).

These drivers are automatic: if you have them in Drivers folder and config.plist, they are displayed in the picker and can be selected.

Note: Toggle SIP included in my post but not mandatory, only if you want to have it.
Thanks for clearing that up milluco, I'm going to update tonight.

@Superbogey
You must:

Went smooth as cream for me too. Thanks! :thumbup:

@Superbogey
You must:

Thank you @miliuco I had not seen that explanation anywhere else.

@Superbogey
You must:

I did not get any trouble with editing for these, and they are the attempt of OpenCore team to make it more modular. It is also important to know that OpenCore is a universal bootloader, not only for Hackintosh.

I did not get any trouble with editing for these, and they are the attempt of OpenCore team to make it more modular. It is also important to know that OpenCore is a universal bootloader, not only for Hackintosh.
Correct. I've been using it to boot both macOS & Windows 10/11 since I switched from Clover a few years ago. And once I understood the new procedure as @miliuco stated it, I had no problem myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back