Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.8 > 0.7.9 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I don't think a new AirportBrcmFixup.kext was released with OC 0.7.9.
Sorry, my mistake, you are right, it's 2.1.4 and not new with 0.7.9, corrected in the first post, thanks.

I have successfully updated to 0.7.9, using the
OCAuxiliaryTools (v.20220204)

tool. But...

On booting there is a OC message of one single line, flashed on the screen. Something with the word 'Linux' I believe in it. (There is no dual Linux boot on my system). It's there for 1/2 second and then the boot sequence starts. Usually this indicates a problem in my config.plist. But I have no idea how to examine this flashed message. I'm booting with flags "-v keepsyms=1 alcid=1". I can't read the full message before it is removed by the boot.

How / where can I find the contents of this OC message?

I have used the Hackintool to look at the logs, but don't see anything in them.

@tecemac
I read those very brief messages by recording video from the mobile and playing slowly the video and stopping at the error warning frame. If you can read it, comment here.
If you don't use Linux, it only occurs to me for now that you go into BIOS setup >>boot section, and delete the existing entries with OpenCore and those that contain the name of some Linux distribution.

Finally got around to this:
I read those very brief messages by recording video from the mobile and playing slowly the video and stopping at the error warning frame. If you can read it, comment here.

A video capture shows me the message is:

LNX: AutodetectLinux not root fs - Not found

Pretty innocuous imho. But something I would like to suppress in case in future it makes me ignore something I should pay attention to.

Figured it out. I believe. ;)

My config.plist had the new driver, OpenLinuxBoot.efi , enabled in the Drivers section. I disabled it and the message has gone away.

Also found, in the OC Multiboot Guide that enabling the Quark: HideAuxiliary is good to hide duplicate boot choices. As the Guide says hitting the SPACE bar brings the alternative boot choices back. Just FYI.

@miliuco Hi. Is there any word on OC 0.8.0? It's almost the middle of the month and the usual update cycle seems to not be happening. Is there an issue with this version or is something bigger happening to cause the later release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back