Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.7.6 hast just been released.
vit9696 message and files are available in Acidanthera.

Main changes (from changelog)
  • Added automatic screen scaling factor detection
  • Explicitly restricted ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0 and -1
  • Fixes for OpenCanopy (long labels fade-out, updated draw order to avoid graphics tearing)
  • Fixed ProvideConsoleGop on Z690 series
  • Fixes for Alder Lake (CPU model information, SSDT for CPU power management)
  • Fixed handling PCI device paths with logical units in ScanPolicy
  • Added ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect option for enabling alternative UEFI graphics drivers
  • Added BiosVideo.efi driver to use with ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect
  • Changed FadtEnableReset to avoid unreliable keyboard controller reset
  • Upgraded ProtectUefiServices to prevent GRUB fail when chainloading with Secure Boot enabled.
config.plist
  • Booter >> ResizeAppleGpuBars: explicitly restricted to 0 (ReBAR enabled) and -1 (ReBAR disabled). Failsafe value is -1. Tip: set both quirks to -1 if ReBAR is disabled in BIOS; set ResizeAppleGpuBars 0 and ResizeGpuBars -1 if ReBAR is enabled in BIOS.
  • UEFI >> Output >> added UIScale (Number): factor for user interface scaling. It corresponds to previous 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:UIScale variable. Valid values are:
    1 is 1x scaling, corresponds to normal displays
    2 is 2x scaling, corresponds to HiDPI displays
    -1 leaves the current variable unchanged
    0 automatically chooses scaling based on the current resolution.
    Notes:
    - NVRAM >> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 >> removed UIScale
    - NVRAM >> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 >> Delete >> removed UIScale
    - When switching from manually specified NVRAM variable to this new preference >> NVRAM reset is needed.
  • UEFI >> Output >> added ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect (boolean): reconnect all graphics drivers during driver connection for enabling alternative UEFI graphics drivers. Failsafe value is False. It requires ConnectDrivers to be enabled.
  • UEFI >> Quirks >> added EnableVmx (boolean): fix virtualization in Windows on some Macs. Failsafe value is False.
Drivers

Added BiosVideo.efi driver to use with ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect; it's a video driver implementing graphics output protocol based on VESA and legacy BIOS. Used for UEFI firmware with fragile GOP support (e.g. low resolution).

Kexts
  • AppleALC 1.6.7 (added new controllers patch)
  • DebugEnhancer 1.0.5 (improved output logs)
  • FeatureUnlock 1.0.4 (fixes)
  • Lilu 1.5.8 (fixes, added Alder Lake CPU model support)
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.8 (fixes, added fan monitoring support).

Last edited:
Just updated and first problem... Lilu again?
MacOS 10.15.7
IMG_1617.jpg

@LeleTuratti
Lilu or RestricEvents. But I’m not sure. Do you have all OpenCore files from 0.7.6?

After updating FeatureUnlock to version 1.0.4 AirPlay support is vanished from my 17.1 Skylake hack. Returned back to 1.0.3 and AirPlay is active again.

Stay at 1.0.3 for now. I don't know why this happens.

@miliuco -- this is completely off topic, but what is the difference between Acidanthera and Dortania? I have been Hackintoshing for a while, but wasn't aware of all the developments until I put a new rig together last year.

@miliuco -- this is completely off topic, but what is the difference between Acidanthera and Dortania? I have been Hackintoshing for a while, but wasn't aware of all the developments until I put a new rig together last year.
Dortania does the guide
Acidanthera does the kexts and OpenCore

@tedyun
It's as @Feartech says.
Both groups share members although I believe that they do not coincide 100%.
Things have been mixing up and you have OpenCore and kexts (made by Acidanthera) to download also from Dortania whose origin was the unification of all the information that was dispersed in many different places.

Hi! :) This a general question (not specific to this update): I'm still wondering if all the settings under UEFI > Output apply to MacOS or just to the picker?
And so, would the new ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect setting improve anything for my old builds (Z68 Ivy+GT210 and Haswell with HD4600)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back