Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot MacOS OK
Boot Windows OK
Boot Ubuntu OK but...

if:
- I remove BlessOverRide item0 "\EFI\ubuntu/grubx64.efi",
- OpenLinuxBoot.efi is ON

then: when I choose the Linux drive on OpenCore GUI, it starts but it fails with the following message displayed on the screen
I had the same message at some point in my search to boot linux. I wanted to boot linux without using grub, directly with OpenCore. After trials and error I succeeded with OpenCore 0.7.4, with drivers ext4_x64.efi and OpenLinuxBoot.efi, with the following settings in config.plist:
Misc: Security: ScanPolicy=16129
UEFIDrivers: Ext4_x64.efi: Enabled= true
UEFIDrivers: OpenLinuxBoot.efi. Enabled= true + Arguments= flags=0x0000018F

The flags for OpenLinuxBott.efi refer to:
  • 0x00000001 (bit 0) — LINUX_BOOT_SCAN_ESP, Allows scanning for entries on EFI System Partition.
  • 0x00000002 (bit 1) — LINUX_BOOT_SCAN_XBOOTLDR, Allows scanning for entries on Extended Boot Loader Partition.
  • 0x00000004 (bit 2) — LINUX_BOOT_SCAN_LINUX_ROOT, Allows scanning for entries on Linux Root filesystems.
  • 0x00000008 (bit 3) — LINUX_BOOT_SCAN_LINUX_DATA, Allows scanning for entries on Linux Data filesystems.
  • 0x00000080 (bit 7) — LINUX_BOOT_SCAN_OTHER, Allows scanning for entries on file systems not matched by any of the above
  • 0x00000100 (bit 8) — LINUX_BOOT_ALLOW_AUTODETECT, If set allows autodetecting and linking vmlinuz* and init* ramdisk files when loader/entries files are not found.

With those settings (no BlessOverride, no Entries) Linux (Ubuntu in my case) doesn't use grub, boots super fast, without problems.

Ok. I've tried all I can think of to re-enable OpenCanopy but it's a no-go. It worked fine in 0.7.2 with Acidanthera's GoldenGate but now, in 0.7.3, it doesn't (and yes, I have reset NVRAM after every change). PickerMode set to External, PickerAttributes were 144 but changed to 17 (I even tried Auto). PickerVariant set to the above theme. Scratching my head as to why it still shows the default text boot menu. If anyone could check my config and see the problem, I'd appreciate it.

You need to change the direction of the slash between the words Acidanthera and GoldenGate.

Your config has a forward slash '/' between the words, as shown below. It should be a back-slash '\'

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 20.22.52.png

This is what the OC guide shows for PickerVariant:

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 20.30.36.png

Only other entry I could see that was different to what I expected to see in your config.plist was this:

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 20.16.41.png

AllowToggleSip is normally set to false/disabled, you have it set to True/enabled. This may not matter.

You have included your Serial number, MLB and SystemUUID. in your config.plist, this is not wise, not wise at all. You should never include your SMBIOS data in a config posted here or any other site where people can copy it.

You would be advised to generate a new Serial number etc. for your system, as you should assume the one you have posted above has been seen by people who are less scrupulous and are likely to steal your Serial etc. This could cause you issues with Apple servers.

Alternatively, delete the config from the post above and hope that those who downloaded the file are honest and not going to steal and use your serial.

@Edhawk @Superbogey
PickerVariant intentionally supports \ or / as separator, e.g. Blackosx\BsxM1 or Blackosx/BsxM1.
Default is the same as Acidanthera/GoldenGate, try Default.
I think AllowToggleSip has nothing to do with this problem.
I don’t see any other thing in the config.plist.

You need to change the direction of the slash between the words Acidanthera and GoldenGate.

Your config has a forward slash '/' between the words, as shown below. It should be a back-slash '\'

View attachment 529796

This is what the OC guide shows for PickerVariant:

View attachment 529797

Only other entry I could see that was different to what I expected to see in your config.plist was this:

View attachment 529793

AllowToggleSip is normally set to false/disabled, you have it set to True/enabled. This may not matter.

You have included your Serial number, MLB and SystemUUID. in your config.plist, this is not wise, not wise at all. You should never include your SMBIOS data in a config posted here or any other site where people can copy it.

You would be advised to generate a new Serial number etc. for your system, as you should assume the one you have posted above has been seen by people who are less scrupulous and are likely to steal your Serial etc. This could cause you issues with Apple servers.

Alternatively, delete the config from the post above and hope that those who downloaded the file are honest and not going to steal and use your serial.
Gah! Totally slipped my mind on the sensitive info (I hardly ever post my config but I always cut out personal info in screenshots). Thanks for the corrections. I'll fix the two errors (and the sensitive stuff) and see if there's any improvement. Thanks, @Edhawk

Yes. I have but just not sure what to do with it. There's no read-me on the site.
Downloaded Resources folder must replace your entire current Resources folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back