Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.2 > 0.7.3 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if you could help me out. I am running OC 0.72 0.73 on my Hackintosh rig. My MoBo is an Esonic H81 one with Core i5 4750 processor and 12GB 1600 MHz RAM. I am running MacOS Big Sur on my WD SSD and Windows 10 & Kubuntu on my HDD. Everything is working perfectly except that every time I start up the machine OC's GUI Bootpicker doesn't show up. Rather "OC: Failed to load configuration!" - this message shows up each & every time. Only when I reboot the OC Bootpicker comes on the screen. Have no clue as to what the problem is. Googled it but no solution so far. I have attached my OC config & EFI folder.

Thanking you in advance.
"OC: Failed to load configuration!" always mean a config.plist file bad formed.
It is advisable to have the habit of passing the config.plist file by the ocvalidate tool included in each OpenCore version. ocvalidate and config.plist must be from the same OpenCore version.

In your case (config.plist within the EFI folder) ocvalidate shows several errors:
Code:
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 0 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 1 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 3 index!
OCS: Missing key ForceOcWriteFlash, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 5 errors!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckBooter returns 2 errors!

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckUEFI returns 1 error!

These errors mean:
  • OCS: Could not get array serialized at x index: the UEFI >> Drivers section has changed, review the post 1 to see how you must correct it
  • Booter >> Quirks and Uefi >> Quirks are related to drivers part, you aren't loading OpenRuntime.efi, fixing drivers must fix them.
Please review drivers according to with post 1 and error will be fixed.

"OC: Failed to load configuration!" always mean a config.plist file bad formed.
It is advisable to have the habit of passing the config.plist file by the ocvalidate tool included in each OpenCore version. ocvalidate and config.plist must be from the same OpenCore version.

In your case (config.plist within the EFI folder) ocvalidate shows several errors:
Code:
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 0 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 1 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 2 index!
OCS: Couldn't get array serialized at 3 index!
OCS: Missing key ForceOcWriteFlash, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 5 errors!

Booter->Quirks->ProvideCustomSlide is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
Booter->Quirks->EnableWriteUnprotector is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckBooter returns 2 errors!

UEFI->Quirks->RequestBootVarRouting is enabled, but OpenRuntime.efi is not loaded at UEFI->Drivers!
CheckUEFI returns 1 error!

These errors mean:
  • OCS: Could not get array serialized at x index: the UEFI >> Drivers section has changed, review the post 1 to see how you must correct it
  • Booter >> Quirks and Uefi >> Quirks are related to drivers part, you aren't loading OpenRuntime.efi, fixing drivers must fix them.
Please review drivers according to with post 1 and error will be fixed.
@milliuco

Thanks for taking the time in going over my config.plist. I wll do as suggested and relay the results to you later on.

Take care.

@milliuco

Thanks for taking the time in going over my config.plist. I wll do as suggested and relay the results to you later on.

Take care.
@milliuco

Just out of curiosity did you happen to check the config.plist that I had attached separately. I am afraid, the config.plist inside the zipped EFI folder is the wrong one. I just ran through the latest config.plist via ocvalidate for OC 0.73 and it returned no errors.

Awaiting your reply.

@milliuco

Just out of curiosity did you happen to check the config.plist that I had attached separately. I am afraid, the config.plist inside the zipped EFI folder is the wrong one. I just ran through the latest config.plist via ocvalidate for OC 0.73 and it returned no errors.

Awaiting your reply.
@milliuco

BTW, why is it that with scanpolicy=0 OC picks up Windows installation on a separate HDD but not the Ubuntu one. I had to manually put the Linux boot information in the Misc>Entries section. Then It shows up on the OC BootPicker GUI. OpenBootLinux with ext64_fs.efi gives an error at startup saying the root file system is not found. Just to clarify, My Mac OS is on an SSD and Windows & Ubuntu on an HDD.

@milliuco

Awaiting your reply.
Yes, the file attached separately gives no errors. I had checked only the one into EFI folder.

@milliuco

Any suggestions?
It's miliuco!!! :)

No, with the config.plist with no errors in ocvalidate Opencore must boot fine, it's so?

It's miliuco!!! :)

No, with the config.plist with no errors in ocvalidate Opencore must boot fine, it's so?
@miliuco

Sorry for the typo. My bad! That's the problem. Each & every time Opencore fails to boot with the error message saying "OC: Failed to load configuration!". Have no clue as to what's wrong.

Any idea about this one:

BTW, why is it that with scanpolicy=0 OC picks up Windows installation on a separate HDD but not the Ubuntu one. I had to manually put the Linux boot information in the Misc>Entries section. Then It shows up on the OC BootPicker GUI. OpenBootLinux with ext64_fs.efi gives an error at startup saying the root file system is not found. Just to clarify, My Mac OS is on an SSD and Windows & Ubuntu on an HDD.

@miliuco

Sorry for the typo. My bad! That's the problem. Each & every time Opencore fails to boot with the error message saying "OC: Failed to load configuration!". Have no clue as to what's wrong.

Any idea about this one:

make sure you copied all files when you update to new OpenCore version

make sure you have ran ocvalidate on your config.plist

reset nvram

Boot MacOS OK
Boot Windows OK
Boot Ubuntu OK but...

if:
- I remove BlessOverRide item0 "\EFI\ubuntu/grubx64.efi",
- OpenLinuxBoot.efi is ON

then: when I choose the Linux drive on OpenCore GUI, it starts but it fails with the following message displayed on the screen

Attachments

• tempImagewMcUkO.png
    tempImagewMcUkO.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back