Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.1 > 0.7.2 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BusterMachine
Have you updated OC binary data from Acidanthera? I mean the Resources folder. What do you have in PickerVariant?

config.plist
  • Misc > Security > SecureBootModel (String): new value added (x86legacy), this is the recommended value for Monterey on Macs and Hacks without a T2 chip for better security and compatibility. Previously, the recommended value was Default, equivalent to j137 (iMacPro1,1, December 2017, minimum macOS 10.3.2), this value must be used in macOS 10.15 and earlier. j137 does not work with Monterey.
Is Default still okay for it? Since 0.7.2, Default is set to x86legacy.

Default should be the recommended, which is indeed x86legacy. x86legacy has been a valid option since Big Sur, though may break booting High Sierra-Catalina. In that case, disable it or use the old value j137.

I'm a bit confused by this part....I dual boot Catalina and Big Sur so if I set the key value for Catalina will I be able to boot Big Sur or vice versa?
Add mindate -1 and minversion -1 and yes you can boot Catalina and Big Sur

Both keyboard and mouse stopped working after update from 0.7.1 -> 0.7.2. It works in the bootloader but not when reaching login screen. Any advice how to proceed to fix this?

I just solved it by adding my USBMap.kext to the list of kexts in the config.plist. Don't know why I didn't add it there in the first place when I created it a couple of versions back.

Add mindate -1 and minversion -1 and yes you can boot Catalina and Big Sur
Thanks...I added key values for Catalina..and that also works for Big Sur....didn't want to disable the feature altogether but since I still have to boot Catalina this is the best compromise.

I added key values for Catalina and that also works for Big Sur didn't want to disable the feature altogether but since I still have to boot Catalina this is the best compromise.
Yes, you can boot Big Sur writing the values for Catalina, Big Sur loads its own version of the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back