Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.1 > 0.7.2 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFI > APFS: Increased default APFS MinDate and MinVersion to macOS Big Sur for better security. These keys are the minimal allowed APFS driver date and version to be loaded. Examples:
- MinDate and MinVersion 0 is default (currently Big Sur), leave this value if you are using Big Sur or Monterey
- MinDate=20200306 and MinVersion=1412101001000000 is for Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)
- MinDate=20190820 and MinVersion=945275007000000 is for Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)
- MinDate and MinVersion -1 is disabled (not recommended).
It's required to change MinDate and MinVersion in the APFS section for macOS versions older than Big Sur.

[tl;dr] Although it's late, I just wanted to express my appreciation for your post.

Last week I updated OC from 0.6.4 to 0.7.5 and was immediately unable to boot from my NVMe and SATA SSDs. I followed many rabbit trails thinking that it was some combination of OC updates and the well-known incompatibility of certain SSDs. I only realized it was actually an APFS problem after marking up dozens of pages of my OC debug logs and realizing that only my SSDs and my boot USB stick are formatted as APFS. Some quick searching brought me to the section above in your post, which was the missing key.

It was a frustrating week, but you really saved me. Thanks for taking the time to post these updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back