Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.0 > 0.7.1 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they are different options in the OC Tools folder and Security section of the config.plist, but do similar if not identical actions.

The CleanNvram.efi Tool can be added to the OC Tools folder and enabled in the config.plist to show on the OC picker list or GUI boot screen.

The AllowNvramReset option in the kernel > Security section of the config.plist can be enabled to show on the OC picker list or GUI Boot Screen.

The AllowNvramReset option will clear the Nvram to defaults, it will ask you to reboot the system.

The CleanNvram.efi Tool will clear the Nvram but automatically reboots the system.

I have attached a duplicate config.plist from my Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H OC 0.7.1 setup. All that is missing is the MLB, ROM, Serial Number and SystemUUID for the iMac 15,1 in the Platform Information > Generic section of the config.

This config shows the SSDT's and kext etc. that I use with my Z97 system. Most of which I also used when booting the system with CLOVER.

Attachments

• Z97X-UD5H.plist.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 78
@Edhawk

:headbang:

Got it working.

Despite that my config.plist for the Z97 passed ocvalidate 0.7.1 and still failed to boot the OS, I copied the slight differences that I saw between yours an mine. Maybe made about 5 changes. I then added the ClearNVRAM option to the Tools properties.

I ran ocvalidate on my changes, and it said I had missing 'Flavour' option in Tools. I tracked it down to my copy of the ClearNVRAM tool properties from your reference. I corrected that entry by adding the Flavour property setting it to 'Auto'. It then passed ocvalidate.

I ran ocvalidate on your Z97 config.plist and it told me you have the Flavour option missing from all 3 tool entries. Just FYI.

I then booted from the USB stick, reset NVRAM, returned to USB OC boot, and successfully booted the OS. Copied the EFI partition from the USB stick to my SSD, and then successfully booted using OC 0.7.1 into Big Sur.

I know I should have made single changes one step at a time to figure this out, but being the impatient type I just made several changes and was successful in booting.

By the way I don't see the ClearNVRAM tool option in my Opencore Boot menu. How is it supposed to show up?
Thanks for the help!

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back