Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.9 > 0.7.0 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Superbogey Your suggestion would, in my humble opinion at least, elevate the "art" of hacking into a simplified production process for the masses, virtually requiring hardly any effort, for the man in the street, technical nincompoops that is, to produce "hacks" in a conveyor belt like fashion, and in quantities that Apple would not be willing to "silently" tolerate, as they have done so far and stretching over so many years (decades).
It may even be, that Apple's switch to their own silicon, is also partly intended to try and put an end to the "competition" the company receives from the hacking community. My guess is that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of hacks, are currently operational worldwide. The great majority of these hacks are using the massive, behind the scenes Apple provided infrastructure for free, with Apple surely being aware of that. A switch to their own silicon will gradually, and over a period of some years, relieve the continuing and growing pressure, Apple's infrastructure is currently being subjected to by the many hackintoshes floating around worldwide. I certainly would not blame Apple, if in the longer scheme of things, my assumptions turn out to be correct.

Greetings Henties

As much as I love tinkering around with the various parts of what makes up a Hackintosh, OpenCore really needs to have an installer (OpenCanopy is about to the point of needing a graphical front-end, too) as well as some better way to handle all the changes and settings (too bad OC Configurator doesn't work nearly as well as the Clover version does).
Yes, it would be very useful, of course.
In the last weeks Mackie100 releases updated versions of OCC more frequently, now it is easier to have this app up to date, suffice it to say that 1 day ago a new key was added in config.plist of OC 0.7.1 beta and in a few hours it came out OCC with that key included.

@Superbogey Your suggestion would, in my humble opinion at least, elevate the "art" of hacking into a simplified production process for the masses, virtually requiring hardly any effort, for the man in the street, technical nincompoops that is, to produce "hacks" in a conveyor belt like fashion, and in quantities that Apple would not be willing to "silently" tolerate, as they have done so far and stretching over so many years (decades).
It may even be, that Apple's switch to their own silicon, is also partly intended to try and put an end to the "competition" the company receives from the hacking community. My guess is that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of hacks, are currently operational worldwide. The great majority of these hacks are using the massive, behind the scenes Apple provided infrastructure for free, with Apple surely being aware of that. A switch to their own silicon will gradually, and over a period of some years, relieve the continuing and growing pressure, Apple's infrastructure is currently being subjected to by the many hackintoshes floating around worldwide. I certainly would not blame Apple, if in the longer scheme of things, my assumptions turn out to be correct.

Greetings Henties
OT
But don't forget that, although Apple receives less money from hackintosh, those of us who use macOS on a PC have an Apple account or buy apps or use Music or buy iCloud space ...
Apple seems to make more money from services than from selling computers

@miliuco Yes of cause I agree wholeheartedly. One must however also consider that the hackintosh community certainly contributed quite considerably to the wider acceptance of Apple "computers" in general, particularly during the beginning stages after Apple's took the plunge to transition from the Powerpc to Intel silicon. Many of my friends, whom I introduced to Apple hardware back then, have over the years become loyal Apple customers. That may be part of the reason why Apple tolerated us, the mackintosh community for so long, we actually helped generate business for them.

Greetings Henties

In my estimation, we should have the perfect hack installer and the perfect installation guides completed by the time Apple announces end-of-life for Intel-based Macs.

Last edited:
@deeveedee and what is the use of that going to be ???

Regards Henties

Greetings Henties
Wow. You might want to turn your fanboi-ing down a few notches from 11. Geez.

Hi everybody! I don't fully understand what GOP is and if the settings in OC config.plist relates only to OC's GUI or can they have an influence on how MacOS manages graphics? — I'm actually having a lot of WindowServer crashes and I'm wondering if it can be related to those settings...
Just in case, here are the values I currently have:
DirectGopRendering=false
GopPassThrough=Disabled
ProvideConsoleGop=true

I've read in forums that also real Macs can have WindowServer issues and crashes, without finding clear explanations...

i upgraded to 0.7.0 but just change on Boot Menu, enter Hackintool detect just 0.6.0, Must i upgrade the new config file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back