Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.8 > 0.6.9 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recreated my config.plist for 0.6.9 for my configuration, but these errors still occur.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

OCS: failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> as type integer context <customdelays>
OCS: No schema for EnableVectorAcceleration at 2 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ForgeUefiSupport at 4 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ReloadOptionRoms at 7 index, context <Quirks>
In the first post > config.plist section you have this 4 keys commented, you must change the type of CustomDelays and add the other 3.

@gabevf
I think it’s the beta, most of us have USB port mapping working as in 0.6.8.

whats the appropriate place to post about issues with beta OS releases?

compare with sample.plist when you download opencore and make the amendments
You can also use the Ocvalidate Terminal command (It's in a folder of the same name in the Utilities folder in your unzipped OC Release folder). Drag Ocvalidate onto an open Terminal window, then drag your Config.plist onto it next and hit "enter". You should see either one or more config issues listed if there are problems with your config or none and a "Completed validating" message at the end.

You can also use the Ocvalidate Terminal command (It's in a folder of the same name in the Utilities folder in your unzipped OC Release folder). Drag Ocvalidate onto an open Terminal window, then drag your Config.plist onto it next and hit "enter". You should see either one or more config issues listed if there are problems with your config or none and a "Completed validating" message at the end.
yep, I use that on every upgrade

@miliuco: as the question comes back regularly on your threads, I've done a little "update guide" about using OCConfigCompare and Ocvalidate, so if you like it ;) , you might add a link to it at the bottom of the first post of each new "OpenCore 0.6.x > 0.6.x+1 differences"

I think in Post Installation > General help or OSX Updates.

in OC 0.6.9 'OpenCore validator' is useful

Last edited:
Hi!
I've got a little issue with the ScanPolicy, as it is configured (2689795 — see screen capture), I can't see any drive connected to the internal GSATA (Marvell controller), though they show when set to 0.
Do you know what other item I must check — I mainly want to avoid the display of the EFI partitions.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-23 à 14.15.33.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-23 à 14.15.33.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 68
I think it must work with your ScanPolicy, but try adding DEVICE_ATAPI in case of OC treats GSATA links as ATAPI, although I doubt that this is the cause of the failure. Try and comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back