Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.8 > 0.6.9 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tecemac
I think that you don't need Apple and Microsoft folders. In ScanPolicy of config.plist, writing 2689795 Opencore must show Windows entry at the picker, automatically detected.

Scan Policy Generator

Thanks for the info, I may try this later on, but changing this kind of things messed up the windows and macos licences.

About the philosophy I am not so sure. There was a quirck for windows back in 0.5.x
But the guy in charge have been "fired", cause he didn't respect some chart.
This 2 thanges are designed precisely to prevent SMBIOS values from being passed to Windows from Opencore, for cases like yours.

This 2 thanges are designed precisely to prevent SMBIOS values from being passed to Windows from Opencore, for cases like yours.
Yea it seems to work:)
Thanks a lot

@miliuco

I think that you don't need Apple and Microsoft folders. In ScanPolicy of config.plist, writing 2689795 Opencore must show Windows entry at the picker, automatically detected.

Scan Policy Generator

Thanks! This may be the critical information that I need.

I'm familiar with bit mask options. Its my day job too... Yes I know how to use ProperTree to set decimal values that are equivalent to hex bit masks.

Anyway no combination of bit mask settings of ScanPolicy worked, in the sense that the Windows partition is never seen by OC. Without the Microsoft folder in the EFI partition my OC does not "see" or scan the Windows boot option. So I assume this has something to do with how I independently set the Windows drive to boot up, if I select it in the BIOS boot menu.

Does OC expect something in the EFI partition of the Windows drive? Because there is NO EFI partition on that drive. Only on the Samsung NVMe / OC drive.

Oh yeah one last thing. Yes you are correct I don't need an Apple folder in the EFI folder.

But I certainly need the Microsoft folder to see the Windows boot option in OC OpenCanopy boot selector...

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if its the 0.6.9 update, or the 11.4 (beta) update that I did, but USB ports are not working at all on my machine.

not sure if its the 0.6.9 update, or the 11.4 (beta) update that I did, but USB ports are not working at all on my machine.

Hi there.

How do you have your USB ports activated and configured previously?

I recreated my config.plist for 0.6.9 for my configuration, but these errors still occur.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

OCS: failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> as type integer context <customdelays>
OCS: No schema for EnableVectorAcceleration at 2 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ForgeUefiSupport at 4 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ReloadOptionRoms at 7 index, context <Quirks>

I recreated my config.plist for 0.6.9 for my configuration, but these errors still occur.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

OCS: failed to calculate size of false field containing <empty> as type integer context <customdelays>
OCS: No schema for EnableVectorAcceleration at 2 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ForgeUefiSupport at 4 index, context <Quirks>
OCS: No schema for ReloadOptionRoms at 7 index, context <Quirks>
compare with sample.plist when you download opencore and make the amendments

Hi there.

How do you have your USB ports activated and configured previously?
I was using USBmap.kext, generated from hackintool.

I've tried going back to just using USBInjectAll, but still not working.
They show up in IOReg, just no power at all

@gabevf
I think it’s the beta, most of us have USB port mapping working as in 0.6.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back