Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.8 > 0.6.9 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. :lol: I've made a typo! It's a 1Gb USB key.
My main OSes are on an internal SSD.
I made my first OC trials on an external SSD in a USB dock (to be more precise, I've made my really first experiments with it as internal with my three MacOSes in it), then when I saw it worked perfectly I copied the ESP to a 1Gb USB key and it was ok with 0.6.7 and 0.6.8 — tested for about a week before putting it in my internal SSD's ESP to boot my main drive.
Ok, I don't see anything in your files to cause this slow black screen. I'm going to try an USB with 0.6.9 and comment.

One more test with a top notch 16GB USB key: the black screen before the picker comes down to 20s — a lot better, but still slower than my old 1GB USB key did before 0.6.9. ;)
My result. USB drive with 0.6.9 EFI. Chronometer from BIOS beep when power on the hackintosh. The picker comes aprox. 2-3" after BIOS screen. From BIOS beep until picker aprox. 8". USB stick is DataTraveler G4 32GB. It's as in 0.6.8.

One more test with a top notch 16Gb USB key: the black screen before the picker comes down to 20s — a lot better, but still slower than my old 1Gb USB key did before 0.6.9. ;)
Be careful about B (byte) and b (bit). You were referring to 2GB and 128MB in this case.

My result. USB drive with 0.6.9 EFI. Chronometer from BIOS beep when power on the hackintosh. The picker comes aprox. 2-3" after BIOS screen. From Bios beep until picker aprox. 8". USB stick is DataTraveler G4 32GB. It's as in 0.6.8.
First of all I want to thank you for your monthly Opencore updates, it helps me to painlessly upgrade with all relevant information in one place.

I have a stable system and everything works great, mapped USB ports, custom SSDT's, but there are still a couple of things I want to set up to make it better.

What is really bugging me is trim support. Once a month when I reset NVRAM to update Opencore I lose trim support. I have trim enabled in my config.plist but I have to use terminal "sudo trimforce enable" everytime after NVRAM reset. Is there a way to make trim support command permanent and not something stored in NVRAM?

The other thing is I have a triple boot system with Big Sur, Catalina and Windows 10. Is there a way to set up Opencore so when I boot Windows with it, that it doesn't inject my "Hack" SMBIOS and mess with my Windows account.

@Ben42
Thanks for your comments.
Question 1. Trim. Add this patch into Kernel > Patch:

trim.png

Question 2. Windows and macOS SMBIOS. You have to act on 2 keys of config.plist to avoid passing SMBIOS data:
  • Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).

@Ben42
Thanks for your comments.
Question 1. Trim. Add this patch into Kernel > Patch:

View attachment 517654

Question 2. Windows and macOS SMBIOS. You have to act on 2 keys of config.plist to avoid passing SMBIOS data:
  • Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).
That was fast...:clap:...Thank you. I'll update my config.plist.

capture 2021-05-06 à 18.38.28.png

Anyone know why OpenCore Version header are removed from dortania's guide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back