Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok. :lol: I've made a typo! It's a 1Gb USB key.
My main OSes are on an internal SSD.
I made my first OC trials on an external SSD in a USB dock (to be more precise, I've made my really first experiments with it as internal with my three MacOSes in it), then when I saw it worked perfectly I copied the ESP to a 1Gb USB key and it was ok with 0.6.7 and 0.6.8 — tested for about a week before putting it in my internal SSD's ESP to boot my main drive.
Ok, I don't see anything in your files to cause this slow black screen. I'm going to try an USB with 0.6.9 and comment.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One more test with a top notch 16GB USB key: the black screen before the picker comes down to 20s — a lot better, but still slower than my old 1GB USB key did before 0.6.9. ;)
My result. USB drive with 0.6.9 EFI. Chronometer from BIOS beep when power on the hackintosh. The picker comes aprox. 2-3" after BIOS screen. From BIOS beep until picker aprox. 8". USB stick is DataTraveler G4 32GB. It's as in 0.6.8.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One more test with a top notch 16Gb USB key: the black screen before the picker comes down to 20s — a lot better, but still slower than my old 1Gb USB key did before 0.6.9. ;)
Be careful about B (byte) and b (bit). You were referring to 2GB and 128MB in this case.

Motherboard
Gigabayte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My result. USB drive with 0.6.9 EFI. Chronometer from BIOS beep when power on the hackintosh. The picker comes aprox. 2-3" after BIOS screen. From Bios beep until picker aprox. 8". USB stick is DataTraveler G4 32GB. It's as in 0.6.8.
First of all I want to thank you for your monthly Opencore updates, it helps me to painlessly upgrade with all relevant information in one place.

I have a stable system and everything works great, mapped USB ports, custom SSDT's, but there are still a couple of things I want to set up to make it better.

What is really bugging me is trim support. Once a month when I reset NVRAM to update Opencore I lose trim support. I have trim enabled in my config.plist but I have to use terminal "sudo trimforce enable" everytime after NVRAM reset. Is there a way to make trim support command permanent and not something stored in NVRAM?

The other thing is I have a triple boot system with Big Sur, Catalina and Windows 10. Is there a way to set up Opencore so when I boot Windows with it, that it doesn't inject my "Hack" SMBIOS and mess with my Windows account.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Ben42
Thanks for your comments.
Question 1. Trim. Add this patch into Kernel > Patch:

trim.png

Question 2. Windows and macOS SMBIOS. You have to act on 2 keys of config.plist to avoid passing SMBIOS data:
  • Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).

Motherboard
Gigabayte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Ben42
Thanks for your comments.
Question 1. Trim. Add this patch into Kernel > Patch:

View attachment 517654

Question 2. Windows and macOS SMBIOS. You have to act on 2 keys of config.plist to avoid passing SMBIOS data:
  • Kernel> Quirks> CustomSMBIOSGuid> True (default is False)
  • PlatformInfo> UpdateSMBIOSMode> Custom (default is Create).
That was fast...:clap:...Thank you. I'll update my config.plist.

Motherboard
AsRock X299 Creator
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
capture 2021-05-06 à 18.38.28.png

Anyone know why OpenCore Version header are removed from dortania's guide ?