Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.7 > 0.6.8 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i don't know if this is the best place to ask but I was wondering where can I find good intuitive information on how to upgrade Open Core versions. my updates have always been messy and i can't find any good tutorials online. If you could share a guide, link or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks!
Just follow the guide! https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/update.html#updating-opencore-and-macos
Once you replaced the needed files (EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi, EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi and EFI/OC/Drivers/OpenRuntime), use OCConfigCompare to see what needs to be deleted/added in your config.plist. You can also use ocvalidate but it might mention syntax issues that are not necessarily fundamental.
If your config.plist passes both tests, you're good to go. ;)

My personal advice, although having switched recently from Clover: there seems to be many changes between one version and the next, so that you're better off updating from 0.6.x to 0.6.x+1 when it's released (every first monday of each month) instead of waiting and updating a few months later.
And of course follow @miliuco's excellent "Opencore 0.6.x > 0.6.x+1 differences" threads that sum up all the important information. :thumbup:

Last edited:
@miliuco <3

CustomDelays: auto
KeySubsequentDelay:50

It helped - Thanks a lot!

I noticed 1 more thing - Under about this mac - CPU is now "unknown" - it used to show intel i5 - (hackintool shows AMD ryzen 5 but for intel generation is shows "????") I know it is cosmetics - but still?

I got ProcessorType: 0 under platform info.
???? for Intel generation in Hackintool is normal as it's referred to iGPU, not CPU, and you don't have Intel iGPU.
I don't know how to fix About this Mac > CPU, here there is a possible fix.

Hi miliuco! Is there any secret place where we can have a glimpse of what's coming in the next version? Do they have a roadmap of any kind?
I think 0.6.9 version is coming next Monday.

Please read carefully the message from vit9696, it is always an excellent source of information about the evolution of OpenCore and hackintosh in general.

View attachment 514279

CrScreenshotDxe driver

Improved screenshot making driver, saving images to the root of OpenCore partition (ESP) or any available writeable filesystem, upon pressing F10. This is a modified version of CrScreenshotDxe driver by Nikolaj Schlej.

Hi Miliuco,
got a bit snappy happy after reading your post, thanks for this ;
  • Grabbed CrScreenshotDxe.efi from OpenCore download and placed it my Drivers folder i.e, EFI > OC > Drivers.
  • I updated my config.plist in ProperTree using cmd+R (OC Snapshop) followed by Save and Exit.
  • Re-booted into my OpenCore boot screen.
  • After interrupting my boot time out (pressing any arrow key) and pressing the F10 key to take a screenshot, I noticed a tiny yellow dot flash in the top left corner of the screen responding to my F10 key press.
  • Logged back into macOS, mounted my ESP to reveal the image files below sitting next to my EFI folder.

My OpenCore boot screen using Misc > Boot > PickerVariant : BsxDarkFenceBlue1_

BsxDarkFenceBlue1.png

Pressing the Spacebar reveals the below:

BsxDarkFenceBlue1_Spacebar_Pressed.png

Note: make sure you have Misc > Boot > Hide Auxiliary : True otherwise your boot screen will appear like this immediately upon boot without invoking the reveal with the Spacebar.

Last edited:
@Robbish
BsxDarkFence themes from blackosx are gorgeous, right?
In my case, the tiny yellow dot flash in the top left corner is green :)

@Robbish
BsxDarkFence themes from blackosx are gorgeous, right?
In my case, the tiny yellow dot flash in the top left corner is green :)
maybe it was green? I have other screenshot from other themes so I could be wrong on the colour but yeh, really like this blackosx theme, thanks for the link :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back