Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.6 > 0.6.7 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I forgot that you say it's your first OpenCore.

Config.plist seems well to me, at least I do not see something that has to do with that behavior of the boot screen.

Have you configured OpenCore according to Dortania recommendations for Ivy Bridge?
Look at the ACPI section, first you have to install and boot with Delete CpuPm and Delete CpuOist, generate SSDT-PM.aml in the installed system (Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh script) and, when you have SSDT-PM, remove Delete CpuPm and Delete CpuOist. This are only used as long as you don't have SSDT.PM.
Yes, I followed meticulously the guide. :)
Ok, I'll try generating a new SSDT-PM, just in case. Thanks ! :thumbup:

Yes, I followed meticulously the guide. :)
Ok, I'll try generating a new SSDT-PM, just in case. Thanks ! :thumbup:
Try with:
GopPassThrough = True
ProvideConsoleGop = True (this always true).

When you reach the Finder and the Desktop, do you still see the apple and / or the progress bar?

• GopPassThrough = True + ProvideConsoleGop = True => KP before reaching the picker (see image) — same thing after resetting NVRAM.
• New generated SSDT-PM didn't change much neither: now I have grey apple on white background in 10.14, no apple boot screen in 10.11 neither in 10.9

In other forums, I've seen people having the same issue, not finding a solution.
My guess is it might be because the mobo is Sandy and the CPU is Ivy.

Well, it's not that important, in the end, I'll see if something changes when 0.6.8 comes out.
Thanks! :thumbup:

Attachments

• img_20210321_2151472.jpg
    img_20210321_2151472.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 76
Turns out that it's because of the settings I have to use for the IGPU (with my main output being the NVidia GC): I had the idea to try them with Clover and got the same result.
It's noticeable, though, that with the same settings, OC+Whatevergreen manage better my setup than Clover+Whatevergreen do — moving a window when booting with Clover kind of stutters, except if I disable the IGPU in the BIOS...

Turns out that it's because of the settings I have to use for the IGPU (with my main output being the NVidia GC): I had the idea to try them with Clover and got the same result.
It's noticeable, though, that with the same settings, OC+Whatevergreen manage better my setup than Clover+Whatevergreen do — moving a window when booting with Clover kind of stutters, except if I disable the IGPU in the BIOS...
If you disable iGPU in BIOS and remove all settings or code relative to the iGPU do yo see improvements?

Guess what: I just had to remove bootargs -v keepsyms=1, reset NVRAM and it came back (quite) normal! (even with settings for IGPU active)
Only weird thing is a black rectangle in the apple in 10.14 and 10.11! In 10.9 it's just a violet rectangle same size and no background... :eek:
IMG_20210407_155845.jpg
IMG_20210407_155540.jpg

I will investigate. I've never seen this before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back