Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.6 > 0.6.7 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@oli.mathieu
Has been fixed the problem with ScanPolicy?
Hello
I've updated to OC 0.6.7, with a correct config.plist from scratch (from Sample.plist in fact ;))
And the problem is still the same :thumbdown

Those 2 errors are easily corrected:

- No schema for NVRAM at 0 index, context <PlatformInfo>: delete this key, it is not necessary, you already have the Generic section of PlatformInfo filled

- No schema for KeyMergeThreshold at 2 index, context <Input>: delete this key, in 0.6.7 it no longer exists.

View attachment 511469

View attachment 511468
Awesome, thanks!!

Hello
I've updated to OC 0.6.7, with a correct config.plist from scratch (from Sample.plist in fact ;))
And the problem is still the same :thumbdown
Your case is incomprehensible for me. What a strange thing!

PlatformInfo> NVRAM> SystemSerialNumber key added: write the variable in NVRAM, most of us we leave this section of PlatformInfo empty and only fill the Generic section.
I couldn't find anything regarding this in Sample.plist. Am I missing something. It was an ease update from 0.6.6.6 to 0.6.6.7 and it is working fine.

I couldn't find anything regarding this in Sample.plist. Am I missing something. It was an ease update from 0.6.6.6 to 0.6.6.7 and it is working fine.

It is a new property on the PlatformInfo> PlatformNVRAM section. It can be ignored.
In the OpenCore 0.6.6> 0.6.7 Differences.pdf file you can read in blue text:

10.5 PlatformNVRAM Properties
6. SystemSerialNumber
Type: plist string
Failsafe: Empty (Not installed)
Description: Specifies the values of NVRAM variables 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14: HW_SSN and
4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14: SSN.

I'm going to delete it in the original post because these PlatformInfo> PlatformNVRAM Properties are not used by most of us who fill only the PlatformInfo> Generic section. I see that it can lead to confusion.

Hi! I've installed v0.6.7 from scratch (my first trial of Opencore after years of Clover on my Z68 with UEFI bios) and got everything working in 10.9, 10.11 and 10.14 (the OSes I'm using, currently).
Only strange thing is that the Apple boot screen has become white with a grey apple in 10.14 (instead of white apple on black background), completely disappeared in 10.11 and is just a white screen in 10.9.
Is it some known issue or does it have something to do with GopPassThrough? (which is set to False) — note that I'm using the debug version with no Canopy.
My config.plist passed all the tests with ocvalidate.
Here's my Opencore bootlog, just in case.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-03-20-234349.txt
    256 KB · Views: 80
Hi! I've installed v0.6.7 from scratch (my first trial of Opencore after years of Clover on my Z68 with UEFI bios) and got everything working in 10.9, 10.11 and 10.14 (the OSes I'm using, currently).
Only strange thing is that the Apple boot screen has become white with a grey apple in 10.14 (instead of white apple on black background), completely disappeared in 10.11 and is just a white screen in 10.9.
Is it some known issue or does it have something to do with GopPassThrough? (which is set to False) — note that I'm using the debug version with no Canopy.
My config.plist passed all the tests with ocvalidate.
Here's my Opencore bootlog, just in case.
Please put here your config.plist. Prior to 0.6.7, this was working well?

As I wrote: it's my first trial of Opencore, I started with 0.6.7, I can't tell if it was the same with 0.6.6 or before...
But in Clover, I've got the regular thing on all three OSes.
Ah! One thing comes to my mind right now: the SSDT-PM.aml I'm using was generated while booting through Clover, do you think it could matter?

Attachments

• config.plist
    30 KB · Views: 74
As I wrote: it's my first trial of Opencore, I started with 0.6.7, I can't tell if it was the same with 0.6.6 or before...
But in Clover, I've got the regular thing on all three OSes.
Ah! One thing comes to my mind right now: the SSDT-PM.aml I'm using was generated while booting through Clover, do you think it could matter?
Sorry, I forgot that you say it's your first OpenCore.

Config.plist seems well to me, at least I do not see something that has to do with that behavior of the boot screen.

Have you configured OpenCore according to Dortania recommendations for Ivy Bridge?
Look at the ACPI section, first you have to install and boot with Delete CpuPm and Delete CpuOist, generate SSDT-PM.aml in the installed system (Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh script) and, when you have SSDT-PM, remove Delete CpuPm and Delete CpuOist. This are only used as long as you don't have SSDT.PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back