Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.3 > 0.6.4 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@miliuco: I would greatly welcome an update of this post v0.6.4 -> v0.6.5... ;-)
Quick comment for you :)
  • Added the PickerVariant (string) key in Misc - Boot, to specify icon set, it can be Auto.
  • Added the key SetupDelay (number) in UEFI - Audio, time interval to reconfigure audio in milliseconds, can be 0.
  • Removed the DeduplicateBootOrder key in UEFI - Quirks, it is no longer needed.
The info in @Bustycat's message about prev-lang:kbd is not specific to 0.6.5, it is the way to write it, it must have Data type and it must be hexadecimal, in the OpenCore Sample.plist it has the value 72752D52 553A3235 32 which is hexadecimal and, when converting it to text, it is ru-RU:252 so, if you don't use Russian, it won't work for you. It is safe to leave this value blank.

Note: the type of prev-lang:kbd can be data or string, but the value must match the type.

Last edited:
Quick comment for you :)
  • Added the PickerVariant (string) key in Misc - Boot, to specify icon set, it can be Auto.
  • Added the key SetupDelay (number) in UEFI - Audio, time interval to reconfigure audio in milliseconds, can be 0.
  • Removed the DeduplicateBootOrder key in UEFI - Quirks, it is no longer needed.
The info in @Bustycat's message about prev-lang:kbd is not specific to 0.6.5, it is the way to write it, it must have Data type, not String, and it must be hexadecimal, in the OpenCore Sample.plist it has the value 72752D52 553A3235 32 which is hexadecimal and, when converting it to text, it is ru-RU:252 so, if you don't use Russian, it won't work for you. It is safe to leave this value blank.
prev-lang:kbd can be either Data or String

it used to be just Data but they added in String option a few versions back

prev-lang:kbd can be either Data or String

it used to be just Data but they added in String option a few versions back
I was wrong. Thanks for the info.
So the OcConfigCompare warning means that the type is data and the value string or that the type is string but the value is data, right?
I correct it in my message.

I was wrong. Thanks for the info.
So the OcConfigCompare warning means that the type is data and the value string or that the type is string but the value is data, right?
I correct it in my message.
if you use <string> then you need to add it in as string ie:

Code:
<string>en-US:0</string>

or data:

Code:
<data>656e2d55533a30</data>

Code:

or data:

Code:
Understood. Thanks.

Code:

or data:

Code:
It should be Base64 when editing as plain text, ZW4tVVM6MA==.

It should be Base64, ZW4tVVM6MA==.
yes, correct, but that is how you would enter it in using plisteditpro at the top section, and would show up as yours in text view

i should have made that a bit more clear :)

yes, correct, but that is how you would enter it in using plisteditpro at the top section, and would show up as yours in text view

i should have made that a bit more clear :)
Well I am still confused as OcConfigCompare didn’t show any message about prev-lang:kbd when comparing 0.6.3 with 0.6.4.:crazy:

Well I am still confused as OcConfigCompare didn’t show any message about prev-lang:kbd when comparing 0.6.3 with 0.6.4.:crazy:
not sure, i use ocvalidate on my config.plist after i have made the new changes to make sure i haven't missed anything out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back