Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.3 > 0.6.4 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must be repaired one by one:
  • add Patch key in Booter
  • modify Tools key
  • to use MAC address as ROM you have to write, as Data, the MAC without double dots or other characters in the plist file editor, if you write it in text editor you have to do it as Base64, but you have the MAC as is, even with double dots, directly as text
  • the change of type in the PlayChime key (already commented).
With those 4 changes it no longer gives an error in ocvalidate. This is the valid EFI.
Hi Again,

I added the corrected config.plist to the EFI folder of my CCC-created backup drive via USB3, but it failed to boot. Afterward, I studied the corrections and changed the <PlayChime> string to Empty. It had been Enabled. I also learned how you corrected the MAC address format, but I don't understand what was needed to correct "No type match for Tools at 5 index.”

The backup drive again failed to boot, image provided. Thanks. Still have a lot to learn!

Attachments

• 0.6.4 Boot Error.png
    0.6.4 Boot Error.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • config.plist
    24.4 KB · Views: 72
Hi Again,

I added the corrected config.plist to the EFI folder of my CCC-created backup drive via USB3, but it failed to boot. Afterward, I studied the corrections and changed the <PlayChime> string to Empty. It had been Enabled. I also learned how you corrected the MAC address format, but I don't understand what was needed to correct "No type match for Tools at 5 index.”

The backup drive again failed to boot, image provided. Thanks. Still have a lot to learn!
That error [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] appears in the Dortania guide and some of the possible causes are discussed.
  • Change DevirtualiseMmio quirk, you have it in False, try True
  • SetupVirtualMap you already have it True
  • EnableWriteUnprotector False / RebuildAppleMemoryMap True / SyncRuntimePermissions True versus EnableWriteUnprotector True / RebuildAppleMemoryMap False / SyncRuntimePermissions False, you have the first option, try the second
  • Important! Do you have CFG Unlock in BIOS? I suppose so because AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are False but, if you have CFG Lock, this would be one of the most frequent causes of the EXITBS:START error, you should set AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to True
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag you already have it in True
  • ProvideConsoleGop you already have it in True
  • IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio True is recommended in Broadwell and earlier but you have Skylake CPU so in theory it is fine in False.
These are the most frequent causes of this error, the strange thing is that with the previous version of OC you do not have it and with this version 0.6.4 you do.

Note: you are using this config.plist with OC 0.6.4 files, right? (BOOT folder, OC/Bootstrap folder, OC/OpenCore.efi file, drivers and tools all from 0.6.4).

...I also learned how you corrected the MAC address format, but I don't understand what was needed to correct "No type match for Tools at 5 index.”...
The question regarding Tools: in your config.plist you have
XML:
<key>Tools</key>
<dict></dict>
But it must be
XML:
<key>Tools</key>
<array/>
That means "No type match for Tools at 5 index." Type of Tools must be Array, not Dict.

That error [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] appears in the Dortania guide and some of the possible causes are discussed.
  • Change DevirtualiseMmio quirk, you have it in False, try True
  • SetupVirtualMap you already have it True
  • EnableWriteUnprotector False / RebuildAppleMemoryMap True / SyncRuntimePermissions True versus EnableWriteUnprotector True / RebuildAppleMemoryMap False / SyncRuntimePermissions False, you have the first option, try the second
  • Important! Do you have CFG Unlock in BIOS? I suppose so because AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock are False but, if you have CFG Lock, this would be one of the most frequent causes of the EXITBS:START error, you should set AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to True
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag you already have it in True
  • ProvideConsoleGop you already have it in True
  • IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio True is recommended in Broadwell and earlier but you have Skylake CPU so in theory it is fine in False.
These are the most frequent causes of this error, the strange thing is that with the previous version of OC you do not have it and with this version 0.6.4 you do.

Note: you are using this config.plist with OC 0.6.4 files, right? (BOOT folder, OC/Bootstrap folder, OC/OpenCore.efi file, drivers and tools all from 0.6.4).
Thanks for taking the time to provide these issues/possibilities. I have double-checked my BIOS options and searched the Gigabyte PDF for my board for CFG Unlock. It does not appear in either.

I am using the config.plist with OC 0.6.4 files.

I'll experiment with the items listed above before replying again.

Last edited:
The question regarding Tools: in your config.plist you have
XML:
<key>Tools</key>
<dict></dict>
But it must be
XML:
<key>Tools</key>
<array/>
That means "No type match for Tools at 5 index." Type of Tools must be Array, not Dict.
Thanks--but shouldn't there be an opening tag for </array>, as there is for <dict></dict>? Haven't touched xml for a while...

Thanks--but shouldn't there be an opening tag for </array>, as there is for <dict></dict>? Haven't touched xml for a while...
In these XML files you can write <array/> (note the slash at the end) and also <array></array> (note the slash at the beginning) when that key is empty, <array/> equals both tags, beginning and end. Only when it is empty of elements.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to provide these issues/possibilities. I have double-checked my BIOS options and searched the Gigabyte PDF for my board for CFG Unlock. It does not appear in either.
If you don't have CFG Unlock in BIOS you should set AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to True.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back