Contribute
Register

How to Mojave on laptop with nVidia and force/use HD graphics + Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GX501VI
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1080 and HD 630 (1080p)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all, anyone has idea how to install Mojave and boot with only Intel HD working with Metal and ignore my GTX1080? I would like to keep using Final Cut Pro X as in High Sierra but with Majave instead. I get my Hackintosh all working but no Metal video...
Thank for any clues.

Laptop: Intel Core i7-7700HQ; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Max, RAM 16 Go

Hello all, anyone has idea how to install Mojave and boot with only Intel HD working with Metal and ignore my GTX1080? I would like to keep using Final Cut Pro X as in High Sierra but with Majave instead. I get my Hackintosh all working but no Metal video...
Thank for any clues.

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup (and more goodies):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank for any clues.

You seem to imply that your system does not have Intel HD graphics.
How do you expect to use Intel IGPU if your system does not have it?

You seem to imply that your system does not have Intel HD graphics.
How do you expect to use Intel IGPU if your system does not have it?

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes it does as the the Intel Intel Core i7-7700HQ has the Intel HD 630 GPU.
Again any help would be appriciated.

Hello thanks but I have done/tried, I added my laptop on my signatutre as it says on the guide as I still have my PC.

As per FAQ, laptop details go in the main profile (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics).
Your desktop can go in the signature.

Please read the FAQ carefully.

As per FAQ, laptop details go in the main profile (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics).
Your desktop can go in the signature.

Please read the FAQ carefully.

Ok so I did reverse them as requested, tahnks, any chance to get any kind help on the matter at hand as well? :)

Thank for any clues.

Ok so I did reverse them as requested, tahnks, any chance to get any kind help on the matter at hand as well? :)

Follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back