Contribute
Register

How to migrate from Clover to Opencore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac MI553
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !
I have working setup with multiboot Catalina, Windows 10, Ubuntu and LibreElec.
Testing Opencore bootloader from usb stick - is very fast, etc. But how replaced my Clover seup with Opencore ?
Simple replacing files in BOOT and add OC folder not work - no OC entry in uefi menu boot from my computer ( Zotac MI553 ).
Maybe I some missing, any help or suggestion ?
BTW
I can't re-installing my stuff - it scares me :)!

What I did:
Mounted the SSD's EFI Partition
Deleted everything
Copied everything from the USB EFI to my SSD's EFI
Rebooted
Done.

I'm affraid you metod is working only in single-boot systems, not multiboot.

No, my system is multi-boot with Windows 10 on separate SSD.

Is open core ready for prime time? Does everything work?
At this time OC is still at the experimental stage. Depending on how much you already know and if you are willing to put some effort into research and experimentation you have a chance at a good learning experience and a smoother working PC-Mac with OC.

People
At this time OC is still at the experimental stage. Depending on how much you already know and if you are willing to put some effort into research and experimentation you have a chance at a good learning experience and a smoother working PC-Mac with OC.

People keep saying smoother or better but can you be specific? What improvements have you experienced or heard about?

I decided to use OC when Catalina public beta was first released, new OS new bootloader, why not?
Started with working clover install, then transfered serials and stuff to OC. This is what I have noticed:
Faster booting
More reliable kext injection
OS updates with out having to select correct volume each reboot
keep sip enabled
designed to work with file vault
can enable win 10 features in UEFI ( if you duel boot )

I decided to use OC when Catalina public beta was first released, new OS new bootloader, why not?
Started with working clover install, then transfered serials and stuff to OC. This is what I have noticed:
Faster booting
More reliable kext injection
OS updates with out having to select correct volume each reboot
keep sip enabled
designed to work with file vault
can enable win 10 features in UEFI ( if you duel boot )

Thank you for the detailed reply, I do use dual boot.

They was also the first to get native NVRAM working on the 390 boards I believe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back