Contribute
Register

how to make windows usb no bootcamp and no windows computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
maveric osx
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
nvidia 770 (2gb)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ok i have a hackintosh finally built but i forgot to make a windows 8 usb drive b4 installing yosemite
now ... i wanted to know how to make a bootable usb drive (windows 8) because i don't have a windows computer nor do any of my friends have ........and my bootcamp doesn't work (You must update your computer's Boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant.) thats the error it shows please help !!!

ok i have a hackintosh finally built but i forgot to make a windows 8 usb drive b4 installing yosemite
now ... i wanted to know how to make a bootable usb drive (windows 8) because i don't have a windows computer nor do any of my friends have ........and my bootcamp doesn't work (You must update your computer's Boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant.) thats the error it shows please help !!!

You have a DVD drive? http://www.amazon.com/Windows-8-1-System-Builder-64-Bit/dp/B00F3ZN2W0/

Are there no libraries with computers where you are? No scools or universities that use Windows machines?

Omg totally forgot about that thnkz!!

n yeah i stay in a hostel far of from city !!! in our libraries we aint allowed to do all dat so !! thnkzz a lot i had a dvd writer so assembled one of those n now good to go!!!

Yeah it's a huge pain trying to create a working bootable usb without a windows computer. The boot camp helper will create one for you if you give it an ISO image, but it will only boot in UEFI mode, which means Windows then installs in UEFI mode! Which isn't what you want if you're installing it to a partition. Thankfully finding a Windows machine to borrow isn't exactly difficult.

Use this to make a .iso that you can back up somewhere and keep for later, and then use this to create the actual install media.

I've used UNetbootin to create a bootable Windows SD card. Pointed it at my Windows iso and the card and everything worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back