Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've installed Mavericks and everything is ok. I found the audio driver and the ethernet kext. I have an asus motherboard H81M-C with Haswell and intel HD 4400 and I can't make the video card work. I've been searching the web for weeks now and I can't find how to do it. I've read about HD5K-ig and enoch, I've tried everything but clearly I must have missed something. Though some people seem to have managed to make the hd 4400 work, a lot more are in my situation and might need this help too.
Can someone, please, explain me, step by step, how do to it ?

Thank you very very very much for any help you could provide.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I've tried to install clover but I can't boot with it. I've copied/pasted the video section in my chameleonconfig from your config but it doesn't change anything for me. I must have skipped something.

Thank you anyway.

hd4400 works fine I'm using it now in my acer laptop with clover boot loader cpu 4200m my config
Suggesting a laptop framebuffer for a Desktop system is rarely successful (white screen, connector incompatibility)

I've tried this without success.
I built my previous hackintosh many years ago, with 10.5.8 and I'm afraid things got a lot more complicated now.
Once again, thank you everyone.

I have confirmed HD 4400 working on haswell BRIX with i5-4200U running Clover- to test using Chimera, use this command at boot:

IGPlatformID=0D220003

http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

It doesn't have a chance in working unless you inject a recognized device-id. Desktop HD4400 is not recognized by the vanilla drivers. Do you have ioreg from the Clover situation? I'm curious what device-id they inject.

There was some attempt to do this a while back, but the person gave up and just replaced the CPU. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...4400-graphics-not-supported-4.html#post764362

Ah ok- the device id for HD 4400 mobile is native- so as Chimera is now, you'd need to inject both IGPlatformID and the device id to match that.

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 10.16.00 AM.png

Ah ok- the device id for HD 4400 mobile is native- so as Chimera is now, you'd need to inject both IGPlatformID and the device id to match that.

View attachment 85821

Something like this SSDT (based on one of the iojones you uploaded earlier):
Code:
DefinitionBlock("ssdt-gr.aml", "SSDT", 1, "IgFake", "IgFake", 0x00001000)
{
    Method(_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return (Package()
        {
            "device-id", Buffer() { 0x22, 0x0d, 0x00, 0x00 },
            "compatible", Buffer() { "pci8086,d22" },
            "name", Buffer() { "pci8086,d22" },
            "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0d },
        })
    }
}

Status