RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I would like to know how can I make a dual boot on the same drive. I will have a Fussion Drive (SSD + HDD) using terminal. The configuration I will is:

Partition 1 (Fussion Drive): 120 GB SSD + 1.5 TB HDD
Partition 2: 0.5 TB

What will be better install OSX on partition 1 and Windows on partition 2 or Install OSX on partition 1 and Bootcamp on partition 2? I will install Clover or any boot program Hackintosh uses on the OSX drive.

Save yourself much trouble during installation and with the inevitable upgrades which can rewrite your boot sector and install OSX and Windows on separate drives using Clover to choose which OS to boot into when you start the computer. Save yourself even more trouble by physically disconnecting one of the OS drives when installing the OS or major upgrades.

Save yourself much trouble during installation and with the inevitable upgrades which can rewrite your boot sector and install OSX and Windows on separate drives using Clover to choose which OS to boot into when you start the computer. Save yourself even more trouble by physically disconnecting one of the OS drives when installing the OS or major upgrades.
Learned this the hard way. Always remove the drives to prevent issues and keep a backup bootable USB.

Save yourself even more trouble by physically disconnecting one of the OS drives when installing the OS or major upgrades.
What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?
If you have one OS installed and are about to install another OS on a different HDD/SSD, disconnect the drive for the already installed OS before installing the second OS. This is especially important if you installed Mac or Linux first and are going to install Win7 or Win10. They have been known to mess up your EFI partition on the Linux or Mac drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back