2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.46.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.20.57 AM.png

This is something I've been working on since discovering Tinkercad. I don't have Apples recipe for it but I'm getting closer to duplicating a small piece that can used for building a block of Mac Pro grille. All you need is a sphere and a cube, it gets a little complicated after that but if I can do it, you should have no problems. I provided a link for download, it can be opened in Blender, Preview and Quick Look.

UPDATE.
Upon further reading I came across this link below. Its a lot more technical than I realized, good read if triangulation is your thing. Also really helpful for creating an accurate sphere grid for cutting. The image below was found in the link, it's in SVG format, so it can be opened in Blender or Tinkercad and Affinity Designer, and used as a template.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.11.34 PM.png

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.21.01 PM.png

I got it to stack!. Following the link from the previous post I created grid of spheres and cut them from the cylinder.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 6.00.43 PM.png
The diagram from the previous post was really useful in creating a template to start from. Starting with three spheres, I made sure the centre point of the spheres were sat on the three points of an equilateral triangle. Then grouped, duplicated and lowered below the first three spheres. And repeated the process until I had a grid that can be used to cut out a block.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.15.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.19.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back