Contribute
Register

How To Make a Generic Driver For Any Card Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi don't edit anything. CRW i have is usb composite device so when you inject in IOUSBComposite it will be detected as Bulk device CARD READER but doesn't work :banghead:
View attachment 186665

try this kext it will be identified but it will not work

View attachment 186663

No, this kext doesn't make this card reader detected in my os x 10.11.4. You wrote in previous post, that you have modified /usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle. You did it or I misunderstood you?

yes i did it and i reached the same end Bulk interface
you have to search for line 116 or add a new one using sudo nano

Strange. The PCIe Card Reader in my Probook 6570b works wonders on 10.11.5. It's not detected as Apple internal cardreader tho, but it works nicely.
Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 15.05.08.png

7. Next, find Vendor Identification and change on the Value sections as "Anything Name That you Want", i use my USB Card name "Genesys Logic", if you dont know how to find your USB Card Reader name, change it to Generic or what its on your System Report on the USB Section

So, what if the System report does not see it at all? I have an internal card reader on a Dell Optiplex 960, and it attaches to the mobo directly, however it is not even showing up as a generic device so I can't see its vendor ID anywhere. What options are there?

Hi all friend, i have a realtek card reader
Code:
Product ID:    0x0139
  Vendor ID:    0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
  Version:    39.60
  Serial Number:    20100201396000000
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    Generic
  Location ID:    0x1a140000 / 2
  Current Available (mA):    1000
  Extra Operating Current (mA):    0

I try follow this guide but no lucky, anyone have same card with me can make it work? please tell me

I don't think any of Realtek's USB2.0-CRW works... Best to disable it.

Hi guys,
For USB2.0-CRW 0xBDA 0x129 there is a workaround
Install Parallels and install windows any version
and link your USB2.0-CRW through parallels to windows and install it's windows drivers.
You have a fully working SDcard Reader

Hi All and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for this good guide.
I have a question about T410 NVS 3100 + Ricoh SD/MMC cardreader on El Capitan 10.11.6:

Code:
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59426</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>4480</integer>

I'm attaching my Info.plist from AppleUSBCardReader.kext with converted and replaced all vendor and dev_id strings. There is no SD reader in USB devices at all.
So far no luck but maybe I am missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Info.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 415
Hi All and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for this good guide.
I have a question about T410 NVS 3100 + Ricoh SD/MMC cardreader on El Capitan 10.11.6:

Code:
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59426</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>4480</integer>

I'm attaching my Info.plist from AppleUSBCardReader.kext with converted and replaced all vendor and dev_id strings. There is no SD reader in USB devices at all.
So far no luck but maybe I am missing something?

Thanks in advance!

You may have one of the PCI sd card readers which I have been working on getting it to work to check if it is a PCI card reader open DPCIManger and if its in the list it is and this method won't work for you if its not in the list then you have some usb problems still and this method will work for you once you fix the usb problems. If it is a PCI card reader I'd like you to try this method here and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back