Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I'm rather new to this hackintosh stuff, despite me bein an IT guy. I'd been playing around with different intel processors and different older machines, and i think i got a lot of it down. I decided to build a cheapie hackintosh so i built this:

Intel Core i3-3220 3.3 GHz 3MB Cache LGA1155
ASUS DP8H67-M LX Motherboard
G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666

The only iBoot that seems to work for me is the Ivy Bridge iBoot image. I was able to get Snow Leopard on there, it's upgraded to 10.6.6, but I just don't know what to do with MultiBeast. I tried installing EasyBeast because I couldn't find the DSDT file for my motherboard anywhere, but it didnt work. I don't know if I should install the Chimera Bootloader separately or what...I don't want to go ahead with upgrading to Mountain Lion until i can get this thing to boot from HDD and not from iBoot every time i turn it on. Any tips and guidance on how to determine which pieces of MultiBeast need to be installed would be very appreciated. Thank you :D

Hi All,

I'm rather new to this hackintosh stuff, despite me bein an IT guy. I'd been playing around with different intel processors and different older machines, and i think i got a lot of it down. I decided to build a cheapie hackintosh so i built this:

Intel Core i3-3220 3.3 GHz 3MB Cache LGA1155
ASUS DP8H67-M LX Motherboard
G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666

The only iBoot that seems to work for me is the Ivy Bridge iBoot image. I was able to get Snow Leopard on there, it's upgraded to 10.6.6, but I just don't know what to do with MultiBeast. I tried installing EasyBeast because I couldn't find the DSDT file for my motherboard anywhere, but it didnt work. I don't know if I should install the Chimera Bootloader separately or what...I don't want to go ahead with upgrading to Mountain Lion until i can get this thing to boot from HDD and not from iBoot every time i turn it on. Any tips and guidance on how to determine which pieces of MultiBeast need to be installed would be very appreciated. Thank you :D

First of all, you will need to add a graphics card, because your processor only has Intel HD 2500 Graphics which are not fully supported; only HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) and HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge) are supported.

You will definitely need to patch your BIOS and probably create your own DSDT (see this thread for how to do that) to get everything (sleep, audio, etc.) working. See this thread for more information on patching your BIOS.

As for MultiBeast settings, once you have your DSDT file, you will want to choose at least the following:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation (place your "DSDT.aml" file on the desktop so MultiBeast can find it)
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> With DSDT -> ALC888b/887 -> v100302 Current
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk -> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (if you want your drives to appear as internal)
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Disk -> TRIM Enabler -> 10.8.3 TRIM Patch (if you have an SSD that supports TRIM)
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC v5.1.51 + FakeSMC v5.1.61 Plugins
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Network -> Realtek (either Lnx2Mac's or AppleRTL8169Ethernet, NOT both. Lnx2Mac's is recommended)
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders -> Chimera v2.0.1 r2109

(see attached)

Attachments

• MultiBeast-AsusP8H67-M-LX.png
    MultiBeast-AsusP8H67-M-LX.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 2,476
Ok so I installed Gigabyte NVidia Geforce GT 640 video card
I patched my MOBO with the modified bios
I created my own DSDT file according to the tutorial
but my multibeast settings were different than yours...

WP_20130529_001.jpgWP_20130529_002.jpg

and when I took out the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD and restarted, and it just hanged at the apple logo screen. But if I use the CD again, I can get it to load.
perhaps the older chimera option wasn't good enough? would it matter, really? maybe something went wrong with the DSDA creation? I also had problems logging into app store with my apple credentials, it kept saying "An unknown error has occurred".
Also, sorry for the camera pics, the screenshot app wouldn't work with me either, it kept having errors...
To note, while creating the DSDA, I couldn't find a patch for ALC877 on the olirila website as it told me to find

Why am I missing so many multibeast options? I used to updated one on this website...

Ok so I installed Gigabyte NVidia Geforce GT 640 video card
I patched my MOBO with the modified bios
I created my own DSDT file according to the tutorial
but my multibeast settings were different than yours...

View attachment 57452View attachment 57453

and when I took out the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD and restarted, and it just hanged at the apple logo screen. But if I use the CD again, I can get it to load.
perhaps the older chimera option wasn't good enough? would it matter, really? maybe something went wrong with the DSDA creation? I also had problems logging into app store with my apple credentials, it kept saying "An unknown error has occurred".
Also, sorry for the camera pics, the screenshot app wouldn't work with me either, it kept having errors...
To note, while creating the DSDA, I couldn't find a patch for ALC877 on the olirila website as it told me to find

Why am I missing so many multibeast options? I used to updated one on this website...

You're running an old version of MultiBeast. The latest version of MultiBeast for Mountain Lion is 5.3.1; downloadable from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads. Try that instead.

So bootloader won't work, and I can't log onto App Store t download Mountain Lion, it keeps telling me "An unknown error has occurred". I googled it, and its supposedly something to do with my Ethernet cable, although I have also installed a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 because I read its supposed to be natively supported... I tried all the fixes and the best one is supposedly the one where I change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist settings, but that won't matter unless I'm actually booting from the bootloader...plz help!

So bootloader won't work, and I can't log onto App Store t download Mountain Lion, it keeps telling me "An unknown error has occurred". I googled it, and its supposedly something to do with my Ethernet cable, although I have also installed a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 because I read its supposed to be natively supported... I tried all the fixes and the best one is supposedly the one where I change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist settings, but that won't matter unless I'm actually booting from the bootloader...plz help!

OK, I misunderstood what you're trying to do, and I don't really understand what you mean when you say "bootloader won't work". But here's the deal: Snow Leopard doesn't support Ivy Bridge (i.e. your CPU), so you ultimately have to upgrade to Mountain Lion to have a fully working system (in other words, you can't stay at Snow Leopard with your hardware). My suggestion at this point is to start over and follow this guide (using MultiBeast - Snow Leopard 3.10.1 and EasyBeast, since you don't have a working DSDT at this point). Once you get up to 10.6.6 with this, then download Mountain Lion, create a UniBeast install thumb drive, and follow this guide. Sometimes it can take a few tries to get everything working.

I found a DSDT.aml file for the P8H67-M LX that you might want to compare with the one you made yourself:
http://urent.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DSTD.aml (yes, the filename is misspelled). It is in the context of a guide for building a hackintosh using some different tools besides the ones available on this site, so I wouldn't necessarily use it as-is: http://urent.org/2011/09/18/hackintosh-installation/, but you might find something useful there.

The TP-Link TL-WDN4800 is natively supported, but only in Mountain Lion, so I would leave it out until you have ML going.

Finally, here is one thread I found about a build using this motherboard that may have some useful information in it:
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27656

ok, so for sake of updating and for keeping track of progress, ill write down everything ive done so far:

1) format hdd and reinstall Snow Leopard 10.3 (retail DVD from apple) from scratch

2) installed update 10.6.6, and restarted machine <- note that restarting here was flawless, it restarted and booted back to the CD rom drive which had iboot ivy bridge still in it without problems

3) when I logged into 10.6.6, I tried logging into app store...and I logged in just fine! I tried buying and downloading Mountain Lion from here, but it said I needed minimum 10.6.8 ... ok, so apple update had 10.6.8 ready for me... I unchecked all other updates in the software updates, and let it install.

4) when 10.6.8 was done installing and wanted to restart, I ignored it and ran MultiBeast for 10.6.8 and I only installed 2 things:

-EasyBeast
-Lnx2Mac Ethernet drivers

and then I restarted.

5) I tried booting straight form HDD, using the old Chameleon bootloader that EasyBeast installed, but it froze at the apple logo screen - nothing was moving or reacting

6) I booted back in using iBoot Disc, and I got into Snow Leopard 10.6.8. First thing I tried was logging onto app store, and then I got "An unknown error has occurred" error.

So I googled for answers and I could sum them into 2 different kinds: either A. play with org.boot.chameleon.plist, or B. delete apple config files

I decided to ignore everything having to do with A, because I wasn't booting from Chameleon, I was still booting from iBoot.
I did all the common fixes regarding B like delete Ethernet card from system preferences > network, restart, reinstall Ethernet card - didn't work
do above and delete NetworkPreference.plist, restart, again didn't work
do above also delete other files in the same folder like boot.plist and apple.plist, again didn't work
after the last one safari started glitching like heck, so it became difficult to install stuff like Chameleon Wizard and EFI studio to try other fixes...

So that's where I decided to take a break. After going through more google results, Im finding that people were doing things like EFI injections into chameleon.plist and changing the serial number of the OS X...but im not sure what I want to try next

my other questions/ideas is that at the 10.6.6 stage, everything was going fine...is there a way to log the options iBoot chose so I could somehow get chameleon to replicate them? also, does the chameleon bootloader sit on a separate partition? should I create a separate partition exclusively for it if I reinstall Snow Leopard for another time, and try to install it separately on its own dedicated partition? I remember seeing one tutorial on youtube doing just that.

Any more thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back