Contribute
Register

How to know if my GTX 960 is working properly??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock H97M Pro4
CPU
4790K(4.0)
Graphics
KFA2 EXOC GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im not getting the same fps score as my windows, but how can I bee sure that everything is installed like opengl directx 11 etc???

Im using the latest nvidia web driver for 10.10.4. it really feels like it performs like a iGPU compared to the scores I get on windows

System:
Asrock H97M Pro4
4790K, 4.0 Ghz(4.4)
KFA2 EXOC GTX 960 2GB
8GB Kingston Beast 1600MHZ Ram
Asus ThunderboltEX II
UA Apollo Twin DUO

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 01.30.48.png

This is tottaly differen on windows I get way over 120fps in average and 270 highest.

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 01.34.27.png

Geekbench: 14999

Also upgraded to a new web driver today that improved my fps by 1.

HWMonitor says that core speed is only 1.14Ghz when it hits 1430 in windows out of the box.

Memory at 7000Mhz

Well first off... there is no DirectX for OS X.

My gpu runs about 500mhz lower than windows. The ram runs at stock speed but core speed sucks

And? Please tell me There is a way to get full acceleration
Well...

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

How to know if my GTX 970 is working properly??

Hi guys,

I'm not the OP, but I'm having almost an identical problem. I can boot up my computer fine and everything seems great on the surface, but GPU performance is way too slow when running 10.10.3.

Let me quote something I posted on a different board:

I'm running a dual boot Windows 10 / Hackintosh (Yosemite) machine. I've had it running for about two years. Originally I had an EVGA GTX 670 in it, but I replaced it with a 970 about a month ago.

I just imported a project into Davinci Resolve and I'm getting terrible performance. With a relatively simple 2K ProRes project, I'm getting about 10fps when I try to play through the timeline.

I've had plenty of unanswered questions with Resolve with respect to display and rendering GPUs, so I closed that and ran NovaBench.

Here's the results from my Hackintosh.[1] Most telling is: Graphics Tests (Score: 177) - 3D Frames Per Second: 565
I booted into Windows 7 and ran Novabench from there. Here's those results.[2] Graphics Tests (Score: 1163) - 3D Frames Per Second: 2979

I'm hoping that something is wrong and I'm not doomed to poor performance with a 970 GTX because I picked a not-very-compatible card or something. I'm using the most recent NVIDIA web drivers.

In fact, I found the Novabench I ran with the 670 GTX. It performed better.[3] Graphics Tests (Score: 203) - 3D Frames Per Second: 685

Possible causes:

I'm really at a loss. I wonder if it's that the web drivers aren't good enough compared to the drivers I'm able to install in Windows? Also, my i7 chip has an integrated GPU on it. Everything that I read on my computer displays the GTX 970 (About This Mac, Davinci Resolve, Novabench), but is there any possibility it could be interfering? I turned off "internal graphics" in the Gigabyte bios, but it didn't appear to change.

Here's my general build:

Yosemite 10.10.3
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH ATX LGA1155
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 256bit
16GB RAM (8GBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600

First time posting here, so please let me know if I need to post anything else. Thanks!

Andy

@OP: Your benchmarks look fine to me, Windows being 20% faster than OS X is perfectly normal.
You might want to run Ungine in OpenGL mode in Windows, too, this way you'll rule out performance differences between DX and OGL version of Unigine and just compare the real OS/driver differences.

ok thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back