i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Microsoft themselves have posted the registry edit necessary to do this. Assumes you already have Windows 10 installed before attempting this.

Warning:
  • Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.
  • Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
  • Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
  • Type: REG_DWORD
  • Value: 1
  • Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Screen Shot 9.jpg

Here's a pic of how the Win10 reg edit would look. If the MoSetup folder isn't there, just create it yourself.
Right click the Setup key and choose New - Key and rename it (right click - Rename).

Don't forget to change the REG_DWORD value to 1. Don't leave it at 0.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Next download the ISO and leave it in Downloads. Here's how the microsoft.com Win11 download page will look. Select 11 from the drop down menu and then the primary language you will be using.
Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 9.16.08 PM.png

Right click the ISO and Mount it.

screen-shot-10-jpg.530724

Double click the setup app and commence with the install. Select, Keep personal files if you don't want a clean install.

screen-shot-11-jpg.530725

This is the easiest method I've seen yet. Give it a try if you'd like to try out 11 on your 7th gen or older Intel System. If you'd like to keep all your Win10 data and applications you get the option to choose that.

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
Various methods and tools are available to allow Windows 11 to install on "unsupported" systems.

I use the Universal MediaCreationTool to install Windows 11 into a VMware virtual machine with unsupported CPU, no TPM, and BIOS mode with a MBR disk. The resulting ISO can be used for all sorts of "unsupported" systems. I made an Enterprise ISO (which contains the Pro / Education / Enterprise editions) for my testing.

Windows 11 seems to work fine, not that I want to use it as I hate the "new" system menu and right-click context menu. I will not install it on my Windows systems for as long as I can if this is the direction Microsoft is going.

Interesting note on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e:

Important: An image install of Windows 11 will not check for the following requirements: TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and CPU family and model.
But it will still check for whether you are on a MBR disk (and the presence of Secure Boot?) if you use a ISO or a USB / DVD created from the ISO.

I tried that and the Windows 11 setup program stopped me in my tracks when I attempted to use the original Windows 11 ISO to try to install on a VMware virtual machine configured for BIOS mode and a MBR disk.

Rufus 3.16 Beta adds an option ‘Extended Windows 11 Installation (no TPM/no Secure Boot/8GB- RAM)’ that also bypasses the requirements.

But it will still check for whether you are on a MBR disk (and the presence of Secure Boot?) if you use a ISO or a USB / DVD created from the ISO.

I tried that and the Windows 11 setup program stopped me in my tracks when I attempted to use the original Windows 11 ISO to try to install on a VMware virtual machine configured for BIOS mode and a MBR disk.
You need to configure the VM to boot using EFI.

I have a Windows 10 VM running on VMware Fusion that passes the Windows 11 comparability test.

You need to configure the VM to boot using EFI.

I have a Windows 10 VM running on VMware Fusion that passes the Windows 11 comparability test.
Yes, I know that, which is why I choose to use the Universal MediaCreationTool and not the ISO downloaded from Microsoft as that tool allows me to create a Windows 11 ISO that skips ALL the checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back