Contribute
Register

How to install Windows 11 on Unsupported Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 11 seems to work fine, not that I want to use it as I hate the "new" system menu and right-click context menu. I will not install it on my Windows systems for as long as I can if this is the direction Microsoft is going.
One of the annoyances is the lack of convenient options from the right-click of the taskbar, specifically the Task Manager shortcut, which my muscle memory has great expectation of being there.

I suppose Windows 11 will ultimately be well suited for mobile devices, but for a Desktop, I'm certainly not accustomed to a user interface for dummies.

Windows has been nagging me to update to Windows 11 since installing Windows 10 on my new build a few months ago. I recently started looking into Windows 11 and read about the Secure Boot requirement, so I was surprised that Windows was telling me I could install 11 since Secure Boot is set to Other OS in my BIOS settings. Out of curiosity, I downloaded Microsoft's PC Health Check app, which can check if your PC meets the requirements for Windows 11, and I was surprised again that it said that my PC does meet the requirements. It even says that it supports Secure Boot.

Does that mean it's just checking if my motherboard has Secure Boot, not whether it's actually enabled? If I tried to install Windows 11, what would happen? Would the installation just fail since Secure Boot is disabled?

Windows 11 Check.png

Does that mean it's just checking if my motherboard has Secure Boot, not whether it's actually enabled?
Correct.
Would the installation just fail since Secure Boot is disabled?
You can bypass the check for Secure Boot when installing Win11. Look into Rufus for making the USB installer. Watch the video in post #12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back