Contribute
Register

How to install Supplemental Update to APFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my back up copy first. No problem. Then did my SSD main disc (APFS) . No issue other than on start up reverted to OSX video drivers saying current Nvidia driver not compatible. All went very smoothly.

I installed the update and it seems that the NVIDIA web drivers are NOT compatible and crash the system into a boot loop. I removed all of the kexts related to the NVIDA drivers from /Library/Extensions and was able to get back into the system. Tried reinstalling the drivers and the application says it is not compatible with this version. Being a new Hackintosh user, I just learned a very important lesson....use Time Machine! LOL Oh well... Time to reinstall...

I installed the update and it seems that the NVIDIA web drivers are NOT compatible and crash the system into a boot loop. I removed all of the kexts related to the NVIDA drivers from /Library/Extensions and was able to get back into the system. Tried reinstalling the drivers and the application says it is not compatible with this version. Being a new Hackintosh user, I just learned a very important lesson....use Time Machine! LOL Oh well... Time to reinstall...
Its useful to have a cloned copy of your main disc to try any updates on first. That way a complete reinstall is not needed if you have any issues.

Launch your recovery partition and use time machine there to go back prior the update (it creates a Time machine access by default)

Launch your recovery partition and use time machine there to go back prior the update (it creates a Time machine access by default)

Giving it a try now...I will report back...

Its useful to have a cloned copy of your main disc to try any updates on first. That way a complete reinstall is not needed if you have any issues.

Noted! Thanks!

Installed supplemental and entered to boot loop :(
Have to get back with time machine after went to home.
Be aware, think somerhing wrong with nvidia web druvers, last thing before loop was somerhing about gIOScreenLockState

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back