Contribute
Register

How to install Paragon NTFS for Mac *10* in Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4740s
CPU
i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (Ivy Bridge-MB PGA SV)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge GT2), Radeon (not disabled)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Version 10 seems to work fine in Mav but cannot be installed using the regular installer (I couldn't, anyway).

To install v10 to MacOS 10.9, open the Paragon Installer .app and dig down into Contents > Ressources, where you'll find the "Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X.pkg". Open it and it runs an installer that doesn't care for Maverick. :)

Tuxera NTFS 2012.3.6 and new Tuxera NTFS 2013 work on Mavericks too.

Version 10 seems to work fine in Mav but cannot be installed using the regular installer (I couldn't, anyway).

To install v10 to MacOS 10.9, open the Paragon Installer .app and dig down into Contents > Ressources, where you'll find the "Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X.pkg". Open it and it runs an installer that doesn't care for Maverick. :)

I can install it without any modification.

Good news, then.

And plenty of alternatives just in case...

Have just got round to upgrading to Mavericks and installed NTFS 10 (the latest version). Don't really feel like paying $19 for the upgrade to NTFS 11...

Was wondering whether anyone had any problems with running NTFS 10 in Mavericks or were aware of any incompatibilities. From what I've seen the "upgrade" doesn't have any real upside...?

Was wondering whether anyone had any problems with running NTFS 10 in Mavericks or were aware of any incompatibilities. From what I've seen the "upgrade" doesn't have any real upside...?

I had a triple-boot and used ntfs for a data partition with heavy reading-writing in Mac OS, often several video files at the same time. Encountered frequent corruption in the NTFS structure that I had to fix from windows. Gave up on Windows and converted the NTFS to HFS+j. No problems since.

I wonder whether the problem was caused by NTFS, by Paragon in general, or by running Paragon *10* in Mavericks.

NTFS-3G is slower than paragon, but maybe it would be sufficient for your purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back