Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How to install OSX onto a Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 with an ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU.

Hardware:
- 1x Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3
- 1x ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU
- 1x WD 1 TB 6GB/s SATA Hard drive
- 1x WD 250 GB 3GB/s SATA Hard Drive
- 1x Intel 650 Watt Server PSU
- 2x 2 GByte Kingston DDR1333 SDRAM
- 2x LiteOn Optical Drives 3GB/s SATA
- 1x Cyborg Case
- 1x 2500K CPU

Here we go:

1. Flash BIOS with Rev F4 (I edited this as it was first F3)
2. Change HPET to 64 bit in BIOS
3. Select AHCI in BIOS
4. Change CPU multiplier to 32.
5. You can leave Turbo on.
6. If you want to you can crank FSB up to 1050 from 1000 to regain lost performance.
7. Download MacOSXCombo10.6.7.pkg.
8. Download Multibeast.pkg.
9. Download BridgeHelper.pkg.
10. Download ATI Package.pkg.
11. Download All_In_One Package.
12. Download your motherboard *. AML file.
13. Download RTGMac_v2.0.6 Package.
14. Download iBoot Legacy.
15. Copy 7 – 13 above to flash drive (USB Stick).
16. Burn 14 above image to CD.
17. Boot with iBoot Legacy (Just created).
18. Swap Disks with OSX Retail 10.6.3 at prompt. Wait 10 seconds.
19. Press F5.
20. Select Install.
21. Type in GraphicsEnabler=No. (I assume you only have 4 GByte of RAM for the install). Otherwise you must also enter maxmem=4096.
22. Press Enter.
23. Select from menu on top: Utilities -> Disk Utilities -> Select Disk.
24. Erase -> Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
25. Enter Name of Volume (Mac OS X).
26. Select Erase.
27. Confirm Erase.
28. Wait until complete -> Close window.
29. Select Continue -> Agree -> Select Disk (Mac OS X) [Green arrow above disk].
30. Install.
31. Wait for install to complete (20 to 30 minutes).
32. Reboot with iBoot Legacy selecting the Disk you have just installed on.
33. Remember to type in GraphicsEnabler=No.
34. Insert USB Stick.
35. Copy MacOSXCombo10.6.7.pkg to desktop.
36. Copy Multibeast.pkg to desktop.
37. Copy BridgeHelper.pkg to desktop.
38. Copy ATI Package.pkg to desktop.
39. Copy All_In_One folder to desktop.
40. Copy your *.AML file to desktop.
41. Run MacOSXCombo10.6.7 do not restart when it is done installing.
42. Run BridgeHelper – do not restart when it is done installing.
43. Run MB Select the following:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders
Kexts & Enablers
Miscellaneous
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
USB3.0 = NEC/Renasas
Customization
Boot Options
64-bit Apple Boot Screen
System Definitions
Mac Pro
MacPro 3.1

44. Install with the above options. Do not reboot.
45. Run ATI Package. Click through errors. Do not reboot.
46. Edit com.apple.Boot.plist
> Go to folder /Extra
> Drag file to desktop
> Double click on file
> Edit it and save
> Drag back to /Extra folder

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

47. Reboot using iBoot Legacy (Remember GraphicsEnabler=No)
48. Run MB

System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders
Kexts & Enablers
Audio
Realtek ALC8xx
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

Disk
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
jMicron36x (AKA GSATA)
jMicron36x SATA

49. Remove boot disk from Drive
50. Boot into your new Mac installation (Cremated sunflower will rotate for a while)
51. Run RTGMac_v2.0.6 to install LAN
52. Reboot PC (Cremated sunflower will rotate for a while)
53. Open All_In_One Package
> Copy 1002_68f9.rom to /Extra
> Run Chamelion_HD5000.pkg
54. Run Install ATI Package
55. Restart the PC
56. If you have 2 displays they both should be setup now
57. Restart the PC again
58. Both displays should now be auto-detected and go to their highest resolution settings
59. Go to System>Library>Extensions folder on drive
60. Delete all HDAEnabler8xx.kext files except HDAEnabler889.kext.
61. Reboot

Well done. You now have a working Hack with LAN, Sound and Graphics support for 5000 series.

Thanks to Tonymac86 forum, all contributors and to Gordo74 and everyone there that posted their problems and solutions. This posting of mine is based upon their experiences and solutions. I have just tried to summarise all the salient details into one document. I needed this for myself as I would forget it all in a day or two anyway. Bi-polar is a bitch!

I hope it helps others with similar hardware. Please don’t ask me questions – I don’t even know what a nybble is.

Zoe.

I am about to do a similar install. This is what my hardware is looking like:

GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 (does anyone know if this works ok? if not, Ill use GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3)
Intel Core i3-2100T Sandy Bridge 2.5GHz
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Corsair Nova 2.5" 32GB SATA

I WONT be using this:
- 1x ATI Radeon HD5450 GPU

What steps need to be changed from above?

I was deliberately a bit vague about setting the graphics card up in the com.apple.plist file. One should really load the ROM code there, select your Frame buffer and set your resolution. The system then reports exactly what kind of GPU you have in your system. As it is now, it looks like it supports the 5000 family. I cannot say for certain as I only have the GPU I installed with. The next ATI GPU I have is a 2900 and that is another family. Perhaps someone else can test it and give some feedback re: 5000 series GPU? You would also need the DSDT for your motherboard. This forum already had one for mine, so I poached it. If there is not a DSDT available go for a board that is supported - you'll save a lot of heartache.

Good luck.

I meant that I wasn't going to have an extra Video Card at all. You dont need a video card with the sandy bridges processors. Also, what is a DSDT, and how do you know which mother boards have one / where do you download it?

Thanks!

Hi

As I said earlier in one of my other posts, I am just a dumb blonde. Sandy-Bridge is quite new, and I don't know if all the support is 'out there' yet. Your motherboard must firstly support the GPU built onto the SB CPU. Secondly I don't know much about people using the GPU on SB. I have only read about Nvidia and ATI. The GPU I am using only cost about $35 anyway so it did not break my bank or budget. You need real fundi's to answer your question about the Intel GPU - and I am not one. :lol: .

A DSDT as I understand it is a file which allows your motherboard peripherals to interface to OSX. Different motherboards, different files. This site (I found it somewhere) has a lot of DSDTs which have been edited for popular recommended boards.

I speak under correction here, as I have only been playing with OSX for 10 days and this was my first build of two. I just thought I would post it here, because there were many things that 'flew over my head' when I started. So I just wanted to make the adventure easier for some other newbies.

Go well.

Hmm. I'm using the same motherboard with a 2100T proc and a Asus Geforce 210 and unless I use iBoot I get a immediate reboot when trying to go off the hard drive. r709 (the one listed for sandy bridge in MB). The realtec installer doesn't seem to be having an effect either. hmmm. And to top it all off, can't get graphics acc (black screen even after using the nvidia update). Ideas?

Kapaaian said:
Hmm. I'm using the same motherboard with a 2100T proc and a Asus Geforce 210 and unless I use iBoot I get a immediate reboot when trying to go off the hard drive. r709 (the one listed for sandy bridge in MB). The realtec installer doesn't seem to be having an effect either. hmmm. And to top it all off, can't get graphics acc (black screen even after using the nvidia update). Ideas?

wait, which motherboard?

I am slow - hope I am not being naughty, but here is a link to the latest BIOS:

It should be F4. Sorry everyone. I will extract it and post it when I figure out how. Luckily my PC is a dual boot with Ubuntu x64 LTS on the other disk.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... &dl=1#bios

EDIT: This is a rat's nest. It looks like the BIOS can only be updated using Windoze. That REALLY sucks. Any pointers?

EDIT: Cannot get into Quick-what-ever-it-is to flash the BIOS. This cannot be healthy for the electronic components with the thing restarting all the time. Luckily the Techie flashed F3 for me before I collected the board. I have a legal copy of Vista here, so I am going to load that now. This is madness. Needing Windows to Flash a BIOS. What happened to the good-old-days?

prnoct90 said:
wait, which motherboard?

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3. Same one the guide is for. I did upgrade the bios to the current version already as well. (World of difference on the rebooting when trying to enter boot menu or bios)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back