Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I am trying to edit the config.plist file using clover configurator but i am not sure about the Board Serial Number and Default Boot Volume. I have iMessage debug opened up but not sure which one. Can someone help me on this. My ultimate aim is to fix iMessage, my iMessage is activated but cannot send nor receive.

Can anyone help me? Not sure where to go from here...

After a few days of reading and trying I finally got a working install of OS X 10.10.2 on my GA-Z97X-UD7/i7-4790k/SSD build using Unibeast USB stick, Multibeast and Chimera. But I couldn't get iMessage and Facetime to work properly so all my reading here indicated I would need to install using Clover.

So here I am. Trying to reinstall OS X 10.10.2 using Clover. I still have the Chimera install on the SSD and I was just planning to reformat that drive once I got in the installer using the Clover USB stick. I have left my BIOS settings as I had them set to get the Chimera install working well.

I followed the guide at the beginning of this thread to the letter and my machine wouldn't boot at all. Just a black screen. Then I found the post linked below and after changing my USB clover installation settings to "Install for UEFI Booting Only" I was finally able to get into my boot selection screen. Since I still have the original install on my SSD I see the normal OSX icon first (if I select that it boots into my old install). If I hit a button then I can see and select the "Install OS X Yosemite" option. When I choose that it goes to the boot screen and then I get the attached panic message. I have tried using the boot flags that I had to use to get the original Chimera install going (GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096) but nothing gets me past this error:

: "Process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 2"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2782.10.72/bsd/kern/kern_exec.c:4060 ...

I have have no idea where to go from here. Any recommendations? Anything I'm doing wrong?

2015-02-18 22.53.09.jpg

Other post where I found alternate Clover settings for USB stick: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-corsair-vengenance-ram-evga-gtx-760-a.html

***But I have not attempted to create or use an SSDT.aml file

hi

after the install (thanks to rehabman) everything seems to work nice:)
Clover seems to be the perfekt solution to me

but after installing the RC Scripst to the Lenovo the boot sucks…

does anyone have any idea?
as far as i know the lenovo x230 does not support the nvram so the rc scrips are needy, or am i wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    803.2 KB · Views: 148
Hi to all,
I am trying to install Yosemite following this guide with Clover installer, but I am not able to install the OS.
Every time the installation freeze after few minutes.
This is a picture of the screen in -V
Can you help me ?
Scipionems

Attachments

• P1080357.JPG
    P1080357.JPG
    591.6 KB · Views: 173
Hi, wondering if anyone can please help me.

I am coming from Chameleon but want to try clover.

When I boot up for the first time from the Clover USB installer, my screen went on standby mode after certain point, no black nor white screen. I boot in -v mode, i noticed this happens after the scrolling texts. Probably just before the white screen with the language option appears. I used to be able to fix this on chameleon with graphicsenabler=no/yes boot flag. How do I inject that to clover bootloader? Where and how do I enter the bootflag, with the installer, place my graphic card kext in the installer usb......?

Unless it's a different issue?

thanx.

kd

I tried creating the USB stick for Yosemite and installing Clover using the procedure. I have a non-UEFI system (BIOS). However, when I boot the computer, it briefly shows b1f: init, then the screen is black and there is only a white underscore. The LED of the USB stick turns off. And nothing happens.

I have tried changing the USB stick: no luck.
I have tried selecting boot0ss: no luck.
I have tried selecting Use alternative booting PBR: no luck.

Any ideas?

––––

edit: I solved by using boot7.

Hi Guys

I have clover working, basically did a install on a 120GB SSD, using unibeast - yosemite installs great, then i boot using unibeast, choose the yosemite volume, that boots fine, and I then install clover, using uefi method, which works fine. I then run the clover audio script that patches the native applehda, and that makes audio work, but every time I reboot or shut down, it actually crashes just before the reboot or shutdown (so it never actually shuts down) and on each boot I get the message that my system crashed. Its 100% repeatable. system board is a h97n-wifi. everything else works great, nvidia 650ti and network and sleep all works

So that really doesn't bother me too much as system is stable while its running, and its only on trying to restart it that it crashes.

I added a second SSD and and boot with unibeast and do a mavericks install to the second SSD ( I had my yosemite SSD unplugged at that stage ) , and after the install I shutdown, and reconnect the first SSD. So now I have two SSDs , yosemite and mavericks (in that order - yosemite port 0, mavericks port1) - . I at that stage only have one EFI partition hey? since I only installed Clover onto the first SSD. so in both the 10.10 and 10.9 I have the fakesmc and ethernet kext, (copied into both) and I can boot either yosemite or mavericks great, but network only works in yosemite. So I install the same ethernet kext into mavericks using multibesst, then network works in both. (why doesn't it work in mavericks, if it works in yosemite?) using the same config.plist settings??

I had hoped that audio would work in mavericks, using the clover config.plist settings for yosemite - (i did copy the realtek audio kext that ended up in the 10.10 folder in EFI, to the 10.9 - but that didn't work. It showed no devices under sound. So I ran the script again, and after a reboot, I have the sound devices shown - and it even shows me "headphones" when I plug in headphones, but I have no sound. its like its on mute, but it isn't. I reboot into yosemite, and audio works fine still. so I have the same id injecting into both, and the same patch, and audio devices show in both yosemite and mavericks, but only yosemite audio works, but system crashed every attempt at restarting, and mavericks reboots fine, but no actual sound comes out of the detected devices, headset or internal. I have tried every connection.

On a different note, is there a way to have two separate config.plist files , so when I choose the one SSD, it uses the one config.plist file and if I choose the other SSD it used another config.plist file with different settings. Is this even a recommended or possible environment? ( in the clover boot GUI )

I tried to make the system use different config.plist files by installing clover to the mavericks SSD as well and forcing a boot overdue during startup and choosing the UEFI OS on either the first or second SSD ( BIOS selection), to see if I can manually force either the settings from the first or second SSD to take effect, but this doesn't seem to work. Should it work? or is there a boot sector that clover also uses that keeps settings consistent between the two SSDs?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys..

I'm trying to install clover on my system
Nothing Work
I Can Boot With Chimera but Failing to install clover
I try all dose options: Don't Update MBR, Boot0af, Boot0ss with alternative PBR and Without
Also Try UEFI
Nothing Help :banghead:
My system is HP PRO3300 MT (Desktop)

Hi,

Thanks for this,

I've made the following changes and put the amended config.plist into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER - Clover was installed on my SSD drive as instructed ? Is that the way to do it?

I had no luck afterwards booting back into Yosemite with iMessage, I had an iCloud prompt which seemed to go through however with the iMessage I still get: "An error occurred during activation. Try again"

Any suggestions would be great.

Kyler

I get this error when I try to install the OS X yosemite app into the usb

humbertos-Mac:~ humberto$ sudo "/Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app" --nointeraction
Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
The copy of the installer app failed.
.humbertos-Mac:~ humberto$

Back