Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hey guys I hope the following will be of use to someone.

I have the 2012 CustoMac Mini with the ga-h77n-wifi chipset with an i3-3225 processor. Im running the onboard HD 4000 graphics, no card. I built it when the guide came out, so initially I was running Mountain Lion on it and upgraded lickety split through time to 10.10 with my vanilla build/install using the combo installer and then using app store update whenever it was listed as being safe.

I migrated to Clover after the 10.10 upgrade. After running the 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 app store updates on each occasion, my computer would not boot up any more. It would get to the Apple logo progress screen and before it would finish and show the desktop, it would restart the computer creating a boot loop.

I had to boot in safe mode to reach the desktop. After booting in safe mode, I was able to run Multibeast and then after restarting it would boot just fine. Im not sure that it was made completely clear in the general upgrade guide. Although it did mention booting in safe mode in having any issues, it didn't mention that running Multibeast could be a solution to a boot related issue with Clover. I know that Clover is considered an "experimental" bootloader and Chimera is the official one for this community, but we don't have an upgrade thread for Clover, just this clean install thread. Unless I am overlooking it.

Also now that I think about it, I might be having that specific issue because when I migrated to Clover I also changed my system definition, so Im not technically vanilla now, having deviated from the system definition in the original guide.

Thanks for everything here guys! I am really glad to have had this site along the way, and I hope this post may help someone.

Hi,

my x230 is running nearly perfect with clover - thanks to RehabMan:)

some thing is left - the battery i have no status of it

i have no idea what to do to get it running
i have installed the "
RehabMan-Battery-2015-0123"

so i have now an icon up in the status but there ist says there is no battery…
so what to do?

Anybody know what is wrong with the ProjectOSX website?

It has been down for days.

Thanks

Hi,

my x230 is running nearly perfect with clover - thanks to RehabMan:)

some thing is left - the battery i have no status of it

i have no idea what to do to get it running
i have installed the "
RehabMan-Battery-2015-0123"

so i have now an icon up in the status but there ist says there is no battery…
so what to do?

Off-topic (this is a desktop thread/guide).

Refer to stickies in laptop forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

So I follow this guide, and I was able to install Yosemite using Clover.
Now the whole fun process beings for me, and I'm somewhat of at a loss here.

I attempted to us Clover Configurator and I got the following message:

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 7.27.50 PM.png

Does anyone know why is giving me this message?

Any pointers, or guides that can help me at setting this up?

Thanks.

Your EFI partition must be mounted. Click the mount EFI button. Once you've opened your config file you can set it to mount the EFI partition automatically. Until you settle on your settings it's convenient. Then once your got everything settled you can turn that off.

Your EFI partition must be mounted. Click the mount EFI button. Once you've opened your config file you can set it to mount the EFI partition automatically. Until you settle on your settings it's convenient. Then once your got everything settled you can turn that off.

Thanks!

I did it and worked great, but then I got brave and attempted some other changes and got a new config.plist and this is what I get now:

Photo Feb 10, 10 47 30 PM.jpg Photo Feb 10, 10 50 09 PM.jpg

Now it won't even boot. Can I get around this? Or do I need to perform a complete re-install again? :banghead:

Thanks again!

Without knowing what you changed, what I would do is use your USB Clover to boot Yosemite. If all you did was modify your config I don't think it's possible to have harmed your OS install. Once you get back in I would start from a known working config (either the one on your USB, a backup of the one you modified or one of the ones you can download here).

Then in the future only change one parameter at a time when your not certain of what you are doing. That way if things get foo bared you know what to put back. Also keep a backup of the last working config.

Without knowing what you changed, what I would do is use your USB Clover to boot Yosemite. If all you did was modify your config I don't think it's possible to have harmed your OS install. Once you get back in I would start from a known working config (either the one on your USB, a backup of the one you modified or one of the ones you can download here).

Then in the future only change one parameter at a time when your not certain of what you are doing. That way if things get foo bared you know what to put back. Also keep a backup of the last working config.

You're an f'ing life saver! THANK YOU!

I had to use a command in terminal I found online to show hidden partitions, and then go to Disk Utility to show the hidden EFI partition on the HD to gain access to the folders and remove the config.plist I had modified and replace it with the standard one on this post, and it booted up like a charm. Didn't want to risk using Clover Config to mount an EFI partition again. Something told me not to go that route.

Now to take it one step at a time. :headbang::thumbup:

Thanks again!

You're an f'ing life saver! THANK YOU!

I had to use a command in terminal I found online to show hidden partitions, and then go to Disk Utility to show the hidden EFI partition on the HD to gain access to the folders and remove the config.plist I had modified and replace it with the standard one on this post, and it booted up like a charm. Didn't want to risk using Clover Config to mount an EFI partition again. Something told me not to go that route.

Now to take it one step at a time. :headbang::thumbup:

Thanks again!

Clover config is fine, just be careful to use it with caution to modify your config.plist!:p

Back