Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

According to the Clover Wiki you set the timeout to 0 and then it will boot straight to the OS without going to the loader

<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
The boot loader will pause for 5 seconds after starting before automatically loading an operating system. If a key is pressed during this period of time, the countdown is stopped. Options:

0 - GUI is not invoked, the OS is loaded instantly
-1 - GUI is invoked, automatic OS loading is turned off
Clover must have be able to find a default entry for it to automatically boot into an OS see DefaultVolume below.

NOTE: If the Timeout integer is set to 0, hold any key when powering on to invoke the bootloader GUI.
i have set it to 0 but still clover boot loader shows up and does not boot up directly to yosemite any suggestion and just one more issue my WD external hard drive not detecting

i have set it to 0 but still clover boot loader shows up and does not boot up directly to yosemite any suggestion and just one more issue my WD external hard drive not detecting

I get the same thing! If timeout set to 5, Clover GUI displays for 5 secs then counts down from 5 and automatically boots into Yosemite. If I set timeout to 0, Clover GUI appears and nothing happens unless I click on my Yosemite drive. :(

I get the same thing! If timeout set to 5, Clover GUI displays for 5 secs then counts down from 5 and automatically boots into Yosemite. If I set timeout to 0, Clover GUI appears and nothing happens unless I click on my Yosemite drive. :(
can you add Fastboot=true in config.plist and see if it works

Hi everyone,

I need i solution from a expert in clover. I've doing fine with chamaleon/chimera bootloader and tried Clover boot loader and followed Tony's instructions for solving iMessage problem.
Everything fine with installation of Clover, Clover configurator, Mount of EFI partition, the i changed from Legacy to UEFI in BIOS (3 steps), then when restart Clover options ok, and when the progress bar of OS X Yosemite reaches to half nothing appears just black screen. I have two graphics cards HD4600/GT740. I put these injects in Clover configurator but i'cant solve this problem. My config.plist in attachment with serial removed. Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance,
LP

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 250
Hi everyone,

I need i solution from a expert in clover. I've doing fine with chamaleon/chimera bootloader and tried Clover boot loader and followed Tony's instructions for solving iMessage problem.
Everything fine with installation of Clover, Clover configurator, Mount of EFI partition, the i changed from Legacy to UEFI in BIOS (3 steps), then when restart Clover options ok, and when the progress bar of OS X Yosemite reaches to half nothing appears just black screen. I have two graphics cards HD4600/GT740. I put these injects in Clover configurator but i'cant solve this problem. My config.plist in attachment with serial removed. Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance,
LP

Solved! In Clover Configurator I have to put in Graphics tab 'Inject Intel' and 'Inject NVIDIA' items off. But i can't use iMessage with RT values.

LP

So I a new to Clover. I have been using Chimera for 1 year until I upgraded to 10.9.something. It stopped working so now I am deciding to start fresh Windows, OS X and Ubuntu. When I try to start OS X Installer it gets to the GUI with the white screen and it has the beach ball. I can move the beach ball too, but it can't show the install window

Would it be too much to ask...

Please tell us what version of clover you are using when you post.

Thanks

Dennis

How do I get this to work with a PS2 keyboard? I installed the OS already. I'm about to start the post installation, my mouse lets me write a few letters and the terminal stuff I'll copy paste from texts on my usb. But how do I actually get the keyboard to work in the end? Or does it HAVE to be a USB keyboard?

Thank you in advance.

Back